Bayliner Trophy 1993 ???

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bayliner Trophy 1993 ???

I have never heard of a Starcraft Bluewater but the lines look good! Yamaha's are repairable and reliable. Check every square inch of deck for softness and bring your own inspection mirror and flashlight to look under the deck hatches.

southkogs

Staff member

Yeah, I like that one. Good luck!

woodsyfeller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really like the look of the boat but after talking to my financial advisor(MY FATHER IN LAW THATS GOING TO LOAN ME THE MONEY)decided against being that far into debt. I guess its true good deals are like buses if you miss out on one there will be another one along shortly. Another bayliner trophy has popped up that looks like a better deal for the same asking price of the first trophy boat, my only concerens is the 125 force engines. The add says one of the 125's have a bad top end but other is fine.(Im think maybe parts engine and center the other one) .They are asking $4500.00 for this one
trophy 1.jpgtrophy 2.jpgtrophy 3.jpg

matt167

Rear Admiral

I would jump all over the Trophy hardtop but a dead Force is not a real good thing. Parts can be had but not always easy or cheap. Looks like that boat was originally sold with twins or has been upgraded to twins so both motors belong on the transom, not an extra parts motor.. I would get him to dump the price $1k if the boat checks out otherwise. Move the good engine to the center as you said, and it should run OK. That boat is a bit older than the other one

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Are you actively seeking out Bayliners or is it just coincidence?
The Force outboards would be a concern for me, 2 of them just adds to my personal concerns. I don't think I would ever consider a boat powered by them, but others feel they are fine.
For my $$ I would wait for boat that was powered exactly how I wanted, A good Merc (not Force) or Johnson, or Yammy would all be worthy of considering. One bad motor means you are considering a project, a non running boat, is that what you were looking for?

woodsyfeller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The bayliner is just a coincidence. I'm looking something a bit larger to acomidate my father-in-law ,6'5 @375 lbs(he has hip issues so I cant have him scrambling over low seats and gear to get around ,me 6'2 350 and my son and daughter combined weight of another 300 lbs and can handle a bit rougher water that we tend to get out here on the Olympic Peninsula .Yes the forces are a concern for me too. Changing the motors later doesn't worry me and its a project I can handle easily. I plan on using it to fish for halibut and salmon just right out my front door and possibly take it further west to Neah Bay/Clallam Bay. I'm headed out to go look at it this afternoon thank goodness my sons High School baseball team has made it to the play offs and are playing fairly close to where the boat is, so its not a trip just to look at a boat.

If I can get a season or 2 out of the forces I can live with that. I do have an older 140 Merc I could put on if worse came to worse. It would give me a reason to upgrade later.

woodsyfeller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No deal on that boat just wasn't worth it .Seller decided to meet at a gas station with the boat. Not a complete deal breaker but wasn't in any hurry to take the boat to where we could either hook it up to hose or put it in the water to fire up engines. Kept mentioning that he had several people interested and the price kept going up and items kept coming off the boat that the add said it had. Seller did a switch-a-roo with kicker was a 9.9 in pics and description turned into a 8.0 on arrival. Just wasn't feeling it and decided to walk away ,I just hope who ever was throwing money at seller knew what they were getting into.

Oh well back to looking and waiting for the next to good to be true deal to come along.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

You made the correct decision. Actually, on muffs should only be see/hear if it is worth the time & effort to put it on the water which should always be required.
No deal on that boat just wasn't worth it .Seller decided to meet at a gas station with the boat. Not a complete deal breaker but wasn't in any hurry to take the boat to where we could either hook it up to hose or put it in the water to fire up engines. Kept mentioning that he had several people interested and the price kept going up and items kept coming off the boat that the add said it had. Seller did a switch-a-roo with kicker was a 9.9 in pics and description turned into a 8.0 on arrival. Just wasn't feeling it and decided to walk away ,I just hope who ever was throwing money at seller knew what they were getting into.

Oh well back to looking and waiting for the next to good to be true deal to come along.