Baseball Fan Loyalty....

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Baseball Fan Loyalty....

LETS GO RANGERS!!<br /><br />Thats cool that you would cheer for them Cubbies!<br /><br />I have more respect for Cubbie fans, for I feel that they too have been under the "Curse of the Bambino", but they haven't made it their wholes lives dwelling upon that, like the Red Sox have!<br /><br />And, I still will never understand Red Sox managment!<br /><br />Just when are they going to learn?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

alphonso soriano is the real deal too! <br />really miss that boy :(

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> "Curse of the Bambino", but they haven't made it their wholes lives dwelling upon that<br /><br />And, I still will never understand Red Sox managment!<br /><br />Just when are they going to learn?
It really is a killer Kenny. You should see the voodoo people practice around here trying to "reverse the curse". Old people have gone from the cradle to the grave without celebrating a WS. I hope I see at least one in my lifetime.<br /><br />I can't fault the management, we have new owners, a new GM, a new coach (he sucks :mad: :mad: ), but the players are underachieving big time. We have the second highest payroll, but the players continue to stink up the joint.<br /><br />But I still love them :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

GG said; "I can't fault the management"...<br />no wonder you always lose buddy! LOL :p <br />keep pedro over nomar? huh????<br />george woulda been smarter and dumped pedro IMHO.<br />sucks to be a sox fan eh? I capish though, lifelong<br />Bills fan here, and thanks alot for bledsoe<br /> :rolleyes:

gaugeguy

Captain

Thing is MY, Nomar was a free agent and we were gonna lose him at the end of the year anyways. Too much damage was done to him by teammates and mgt over the whole A-rod thing over last off-season. I guess you could say the Yanks stuck it to us twice on the A-rod deal :(

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a-rod can play ball, but MY would take nomar over<br />him in a NY minute! :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> a-rod can play ball, but MY would take nomar over<br />him in a NY minute! :p
That is a tough call. The best ss in baseball is playing 3rd base right now. Leading the league in homers I might add also. Nomar has that work ethic you just can't teach.<br /><br />Ted Williams rolled over in his grave (or in his ice chamber :mad: ) when they traded him I bet, cause Teddy Ball-Game said Nomar was one of the best pure hitters he has ever seen.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"the best pure hitter"... u preachin 2 choir :p <br />the real proof won't come till cub's go all the<br />way though ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

nomar will do 2 cubs what soriano has done to <br />rangers... <br />only problem 4 MY is if cubs get the ring after<br />so many yrs., it will give sox fans reason to<br />believe... :p

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Cubs gotta get by St. Louis first.<br />The %$@#*&%^$Astros are done for this year....again! 40+ years and counting.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Just push George "buy me a pennant" S. off the hill.<br /><br />Just kidding.......love the big market teams for the excitment (and some of the small market wonder teams too) they bring to fans.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would root for the Cubbies until the day I died had it not been for a few strikes back in the day, which ruined baseball for me. Up until that time, I could give you rosters and stats on every team in the majors.<br /><br />In my heart, I'll always have a place for the Cubs and if they make it to the WS, then I'll watch. Until that time, I will continue my boycott of baseball and not watch the bums.<br /><br />I do get my fix by watching the local Lexington Legends minors.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A-rod? Who dat?????<br /><br />Who beat the Yankees 7-1 last night?<br />Who's your daddy?

KennyKenCan

Commander

It's only 1 game jtexas!<br /><br />We shall see what happens tonight!<br /><br />Rangers did come out swingin though last night!<br /><br />They sure did knock around Brown!<br /><br />Yankees must have had a little touch of jet-lag!<br /><br />We'll see tonight!<br /><br />You had best hope that the Rangers don't trade Soriano back to the Yankees!!

gaugeguy

Captain

The only times I have rooted for the yanks to win this year are the last two games against Texas, and they have lost them both...they will do anything to stick it to the Sox :mad: <br /><br />GO YANKEES :eek:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea they "Got down with the Brown" last night.<br /><br />Don't watch baseball much, but I do have one team I root for all the time.<br />GO RED WINGS :D :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> but I do have one team I root for all the time.<br />GO RED WINGS :D :D :D
Not this year SBN, looks like there is gonna be a lock out :(

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

If you guys keep pissin and moaning, all of us from Cincinnati can send you the Reds or the Bengals. :D