Arrested at the boat dock this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Arrested at the boat dock this morning

Oh yeah right like you wouldn't have at least gotten the M4/M203 out and asked them to move quietly and quickly!!

SUUUUUUUURE:D:D

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

Oh yeah right like you wouldn't have at least gotten the M4/M203 out and asked them to move quietly and quickly!!

SUUUUUUUURE:D:D

"Say hello...to my lil' friend!" :D (Al Pacino)

The above rendition is my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

And people say I over reacted....

Funny my wife says the same thing!!:D

What I like to say is if I got home safely then I reacted properly, you did and you really couldn't ask for anymore!!

royal0014

Been an awfull lot of opinions thrown here. Funny, but I have yet to see one post from anyone that identified themselves a member of any State Bar Assoc. ;)

So, here is my non-legal opinion, not that you asked....

mikel, I hope this is over, but watch your back. If you see any of the four guys anywhere, turn away and call the Police immediatly. Even if they approuch you first, any response on your part could be construed as an attempt at revenge. :(

Good luck.....

<<)))(((>>

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Texas resident here...

Yep we all love a good scrape..
Brother I am a big fella too.. I completely understand cop profiling.. They don't like it that I am big either..
Here is the question..So in 20 seconds you hurt some drunk dudes so bad that they had to be rushed to the hospital?
One of the worst mistakes I made was whippin on a drunk fella.. Not that I was in the wrong.. He put his hands on me first and was trying to pull me to the ground.. With my free hand I hit him(one hit) so hard that it ripped his eyebrow off and put him down for the count.. He fell like a sack of potatoes and I thought I might of hurt him real bad.. He was doing the funky chicken kinda scared me.. Lots of blood and funk.. Plum near broke my dang knuckle.. Was it worth it? Heck no.. I should just got away from him... I could feel the fight coming as I am sure you did.. Pride...Napoleonsindrom . Temper...Beer.. Women and combos of all will get you into it everytime..

They insulted ya.. I know it's hard to swallow, but ya should have.. They woulda got out of the way sooner or later.. Coulda just thought about it as well more water time(unless ya was sinking:p).. Here is where I see you lucky.. They didn't stab or shoot ya.. Rednecks carry knives and guns.. Being a big fella you have to be careful of the little guy equalizers.. At the point one of them other dudes who might not even been very drunk felt that you was beating their buddy to death.. He coulda shot ya.. Be careful out there.. They wasn't worth the trouble...

Extra tidbit.. My buddy.. Little fella.. Is a Ikey Jitsu black belt(OH yeah he is a great fighter).. Told me if you can get away from the fight.. You win everytime..

infideltarget

How sick do you think pacino is of that reference?

I would say not very...since it pretty much made his career.

Texas resident here...

Yep we all love a good scrape..
Brother I am a big fella too.. I completely understand cop profiling.. They don't like it that I am big either..
Here is the question..So in 20 seconds you hurt some drunk dudes so bad that they had to be rushed to the hospital?
One of the worst mistakes I made was whippin on a drunk fella.. Not that I was in the wrong.. He put his hands on me first and was trying to pull me to the ground.. With my free hand I hit him(one hit) so hard that it ripped his eyebrow off and put him down for the count.. He fell like a sack of potatoes and I thought I might of hurt him real bad.. He was doing the funky chicken kinda scared me.. Lots of blood and funk.. Plum near broke my dang knuckle.. Was it worth it? Heck no.. I should just got away from him... I could feel the fight coming as I am sure you did.. Pride...Napoleonsindrom . Temper...Beer.. Women and combos of all will get you into it everytime..

They insulted ya.. I know it's hard to swallow, but ya should have.. They woulda got out of the way sooner or later.. Coulda just thought about it as well more water time(unless ya was sinking:p).. Here is where I see you lucky.. They didn't stab or shoot ya.. Rednecks carry knives and guns.. Being a big fella you have to be careful of the little guy equalizers.. At the point one of them other dudes who might not even been very drunk felt that you was beating their buddy to death.. He coulda shot ya.. Be careful out there.. They wasn't worth the trouble...

Extra tidbit.. My buddy.. Little fella.. Is a Ikey Jitsu black belt(OH yeah he is a great fighter).. Told me if you can get away from the fight.. You win everytime..

You and I are on the same page here Josh. Both of my daughters and my wife are slowly working their way through thier Jiu Jitsu training, and that it the first thing they learned...the best way to win a fight is to not have one in the first place.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Were any of the 4 guys sober?I would think that would figure greatly into the situation if you were not.No DUI,public intoxication,etc, charges brought against them by the LEOs?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Politeness always wins at the boat ramp, abrasiveness... never.

Had a vaguely similar incident the last time I launched a few days ago. I pulled up to the prelaunch zone and noticed a guy backing his trailer down the ramp to put his boat on. I got out of the truck and took the tie downs and motor toter off and got everything preped and double checked and noticed the truck hadn't pulled up the ramp yet, so I lit up a smoke and went over everything again. Finished my cigarette and still no truck pulling out. Walked over to the ramp and noticed the boat on the trailer and the owner propped up one the rear quarter panel of his truck yakking with another guy, both had their backs to me. I waited a couple of more minutes and they were still shooting the breeze, completely oblivious to what was going on around them. So I walk down the ramp and ask them if there was a problem I could help them with, I thought the winch strap might have broken or something. As soon as I spoke it was like they both woke up and realized where they were. They were both apologetic and started moving. I told them I thought something had happened and maybe I could help and they said no, they just didn't realize I'd pulled up.

So the guy with the trailered boat pulled up and I launched and got out of the way so the other guy could trailer his boat. After I'd parked and secured my truck I started talking to the first guy about the fishing, he said it was slow. By then the second guy had pulled up the ramp so I stopped to ask him how he had done, he said it was slow too... but as he was prepping his boat I noticed he was wearing a sidearm, Glock .40 cal. I asked if that was his snake pistol and he grinned and said yeah, told him I'd never seen a snake on that lake to use one of those on and he said he hated snakes.

So what turned out to be a fairly pleasant chat with these 2 guys may have been something entirely different had I not been polite.

I've learned over the years to be extremely tolerant at the boat ramp. Back in my younger years I've bit my tongue 'til blood shot out of my eyes and fire shot out of my butthole, but that's not even worth it. It is always better to offer to help than to be any other way. People will be much more receptive and work at a quicker pace if you're trying to help them.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander

Real buddies wouldn't run
No matter how bad you are there is always somebody badder!
Kinda like that ole' saying "Aint a horse that can't be rode or a cowboy that can't be throwed"

The point I was making is even though Real buddies don't run it don't mean they will jump in the ring either.
No matter how bad you are there is always somebody badder!
Yea but why do they always pick on me? I do not remember one altercation that I got away scott free, somebody always left a mark and I dont consider that a win for me. A win is when I don't get hurt.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

somebody always left a mark and I dont consider that a win for me. A win is when I don't get hurt.

I don't know about that I mean I consider a win anytime you get home safe, those are just character marks, you survived!!

I think through it all Mike walked away and eventually got home, it looks like the right thing happened and the justice system worked, I truley believe that while the civil system is easier to win for a plaintiff, the system will work in Mikes favor yet again, As they say Karma is a Bit**

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I don't know about that I mean I consider a win anytime you get home safe, those are just character marks, you survived!!

I think through it all Mike walked away and eventually got home, it looks like the right thing happened and the justice system worked, I truley believe that while the civil system is easier to win for a plaintiff, the system will work in Mikes favor yet again, As they say Karma is a Bit**

If you lose your temper, you lose!

... and maintaining ones temper is a big part of martial arts training, is it not?

How easy would it have been to just drive to the other side of the lake in the first place and avoid the conflict?

I wouldn't put much faith in the justice or civil system.

Mike is still going to lose time and money over this, and I don't consider that winning.

ngt

Agree or disagree, I hope everything works out for you.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

If you lose your temper, you lose!

... and maintaining ones temper is a big part of martial arts training, is it not?

How easy would it have been to just drive to the other side of the lake in the first place and avoid the conflict?

I wouldn't put much faith in the justice or civil system.

Mike is still going to lose time and money over this, and I don't consider that winning.

I understand your point I just disagree, I have said that there are three different types of people in this world, Sheep, Wolves and Sheep Dogs, its people like Mike that make the world a safer place and keep the Wolves in check otherwise the Wolves keep taking advantage of the Sheep and we have a serious situation, there are not enough Police in this world to keep one in everyones back pocket besides they are to heavy for that also, I m proud to have had a discussion with Mike as he is someone I admire for doing what he had to do to keep the Wolves in check, yes it may cost him some money in the end but what he gains is integrity and you can't put a price on that, its in your heart, and in the hearts of those who know you.

You say you wouldn't put much faith in the justice or civil system and I would agree with you 100% which is why I pulled short in my post earlier, my philosophy is dead men don't sue, I also agree that typically when you lose your temper you lose, Training, wether it be Krav Maga or Police Academy or whatever trains you to control your emotions not just anger, but panic and fear as well, its normal for someone to feel these emotions in a situation like Mike encountered, training teaches you to control your emotions so that you can be an effective force and resolve the situation no mater which direction it goes. You are not always in complete control of your surroundings, controlling your emotions can help you control that which is not always controllable.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

When is all said and done, I would really like to hear about the details and outcome. These sort of incidents usually get dropped once the drunks realize that they might lose a real trial.

Best wishes for a fair and just outcome.

NathanY

Commander

A bunch of sissies on this forum. Boo hoo, you should have went to the other ramp, you should have turned the other cheek, you should have backed down. Bla bla bla. You did the right thing, with one exception. You should not have left any of them standing. What has this world come to when you have to back down and oblige someone that is being a jerk. Bullcarp. Those guys were being idiots, they got what they had coming. You stood up for what was right, and in the end you will be exonerated. If more people do what you did, then there would be less crime, less BS in the world. I salute you for what you did. Im from Fort Worth Texas and I really dont care what people think of me. What a lot of these guys dont understand or know, is that in Texas we have the Castle Doctrine. Those guys are very luck that you didnt do more that just beat them. Under Castle Doctrine, once that beer bottle flew and you were in fear, they are EXTEMELY luck to be alive. If you hadnt thought with a cool head, it could have been a lot worse for them. I have been around jerks and idiots at the boat ramp. Most boat ramps have signs posted that you are not to block the ramp and you are not allowed to hold up the ramp. You did right, just wait and see it probably wont go any farther. A bunch of badazzes on here until it comes time to pull up your boot straps.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

A bunch of sissies on this forum. Boo hoo, you should have went to the other ramp, you should have turned the other cheek, you should have backed down. Bla bla bla. You did the right thing, with one exception. You should not have left any of them standing. What has this world come to when you have to back down and oblige someone that is being a jerk. Bullcarp. Those guys were being idiots, they got what they had coming. You stood up for what was right, and in the end you will be exonerated. If more people do what you did, then there would be less crime, less BS in the world. I salute you for what you did. Im from Fort Worth Texas and I really dont care what people think of me. What a lot of these guys dont understand or know, is that in Texas we have the Castle Doctrine. Those guys are very luck that you didnt do more that just beat them. Under Castle Doctrine, once that beer bottle flew and you were in fear, they are EXTEMELY luck to be alive. If you hadnt thought with a cool head, it could have been a lot worse for them. I have been around jerks and idiots at the boat ramp. Most boat ramps have signs posted that you are not to block the ramp and you are not allowed to hold up the ramp. You did right, just wait and see it probably wont go any farther. A bunch of badazzes on here until it comes time to pull up your boot straps.

Interesting...

:eek:

:facepalm:

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I think there's something being left out here. Think about it. 4 guys call their buddy the cop to tell them that one guy beat the crap out of them. No way would any self respecting redneck ever admit to that.

You waited 10 minutes, woah.... I've waited a half hour before, it's part of the paitence thing you need to learn. You threw the first punch, you blew it, you should have waited.

How do I know this?

I punched a guy out at the ramp year before last and despite the support of 10-15 onlookers, I went to jail also. I was an idiot once too.

lonnie t

Seaman

yeeah beat'em into the ground , that would of worked out for him (sarcasm):facepalm:
the poor bugger be still in the lock up for it ,waitin for the trail

Status
Not open for further replies.