Aristocraft Torpedo 14 Replica

Antonino

Cadet
Hello - I recently inherited an unfinished replica of a Aristocraft Torpedo 14 started by someone else, never finished and then abandoned. There were no note, blueprints, line drawings or construction drawings left behind. The hull looks similar to an Aristocraft Torpedo in its tumblehome, sheer, and overall dimensions but the stem looks a bit tall for that classic Torpedo Stiletto looking bow. I intend to finish it myself - not as a Torpedo (that it is not) but rather if someone looks at it and remarks "that looks somewhat like an Aristocraft" I'd be proud. I've always admired them. If there are any Aristocraft Torpedo 14 owners out there, I could use the length of the front deck from the bow to where it terminates, the dimensions of front and rear cockpits and middle deck in-between them. Additionally measurements of the stem would be appreciated from its top along its curve to where it connects to the keel. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you

Antonino

Cadet
Hi - I'm new to the forum. I recently inherited an unfinished Aristocraft Replica started by a gentleman who abandoned the boat. Aristocrafts have been number one on my list since the first time I saw one as a child. I'm 82 now and when this opportunity came up - well the rest is history. There were no plans or construction drawings where the boat was abandoned. I intend to finish it myself, not as an Aristocraft for that it is not, but if someone remarks "that looks somewhat like an Aristocraft" I would be proud. I have a general sense of dimensions, but if there are Torpedo 14 owners out there, measurements would be helpful. Specifically, the stem from its top along its curve to where it connects with the keel, length of the front deck, dimensions of both cockpits and the middle deck in between them. Any assistance would be most appreciated and help speed this project to its conclusion. I would have posted photos but I'm still trying to learn how to do that.
Thank you.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Would you believe the Aristocraft Torpedo 14 is still being made?

Scroll around that page for some specs. From what I've heard they welcome inquiries.

Antonino

Cadet
Hi - I'm new to the forum. I recently inherited an unfinished Aristocraft Replica started by a gentleman who abandoned the boat. Aristocrafts have been number one on my list since the first time I saw one as a child. I'm 82 now and when this opportunity came up - well the rest is history. There were no plans or construction drawings where the boat was abandoned. I intend to finish it myself, not as an Aristocraft for that it is not, but if someone remarks "that looks somewhat like an Aristocraft" I would be proud. I have a general sense of dimensions, but if there are Torpedo 14 owners out there, measurements would be helpful. Specifically, the stem from its top along its curve to where it connects with the keel, length of the front deck, dimensions of both cockpits and the middle deck in between them. Any assistance would be most appreciated and help speed this project to its conclusion. I would have posted photos but I'm still trying to learn how to do that.
Thank you.
I did e-mail a query but they didn't respond.