are ya's for bush's ssi plan

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: are ya's for bush's ssi plan

Opt Out. Nice option but it's like recalling your bet after the race is over or canselling your flight insurance after the plane has landed.

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

Opt out entirely? Great how do they pay me back, in 1966 dollars, when I first started paying, or 2005 dollars? Or with the average bank Intrest I would have made had I put it all in a savings account? As Nick said "It's like recalling the bet after the race." Only they forced me to make the bet. Someone should be held responsible, even though this was in place before most took office. They (Politicians) willingly ran for office knowing the problems they would inherete. Why can't they be in office before they are elected, when they still have all the answers! And I'm not getting paid to know how to straighten out this mess, And if I took the time to try to figure it out would they listen, have they ever before? As I said before If they can't be part of the sollution, they can make a lot of money prolonging the problem! Lets see what other proposals come about from the Presidents idea, there will be counter offers. IMHO, Joe

Skinnywater

Commander

Opt Out. Nice option but it's like recalling your bet after the race is over or canselling your flight insurance after the plane has landed.
Sure, why not? <br />Recalling my bet on a rigged and corrupt race? Cancelling my flight insurance after stepping off the plane when I find out it's not airworthy? <br /><br />I'm not the one changing the terms of the contract. The only fair and just solution is for me to accept the new rules or opt out.

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

My point exactly, I didn't change the contract, but how or what do they pay me? (BTW flight ins. does not say the plane will be air worthy, it just pays if the plane goes down, & they don't refund a bet on a rigged race, they'll tell you ,"you wouldn't know the winner unless you were part of the rigging, so your odds were the same." But I agree if someone can tell me what I'll get after 39 years of paying in, & it's reasonable I'll opt out, REASONABLE!!!!!!!! IMHO Joe