Are wheel locks the way to go?

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I guess since on the farm we had both types, we differentiate between drawbars and inserts. If I was asked to go fetch a drawbar, I’d probably be hit over the head if I brought an insert, LOL.

HRG

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just had another idea to help prevent trailer thieft.

I'm assembling my kit form trailer now. Although it's galvanized, I'm going to spray paint it using rattle cans. Since I'll need multiple cans of paint, I can choose different colors. I'm going to paint my trailer using colors not usual for trailers. IOW, not black or gray.

Maybe red, white and blue. Maybe red & blue. What ever colors are in stock. I don't care if the trailer is ugly. Even angled sprays of paint here and there. It appears that trailer thieves want to sell the trailer quickly. I'm banking that they won't want to repaint a trailer to do that. I'll have my picture taken along side the painted trailer for proof that it's my trailer with it's unique paint job. ;)

airshot

Rear Admiral

I'm assembling my kit form trailer now. Although it's galvanized, I'm going to spray paint it using rattle cans. Since I'll need multiple cans of paint, I can choose different colors. I'm going to paint my trailer using colors not usual for trailers. IOW, not black or gray.

Maybe red, white and blue. Maybe red & blue. What ever colors are in stock. I don't care if the trailer is ugly. Even angled sprays of paint here and there. It appears that trailer thieves want to sell the trailer quickly. I'm banking that they won't want to repaint a trailer to do that. I'll have my picture taken along side the painted trailer for proof that it's my trailer with it's unique paint job. ;)
Might very well work!!!

airshot

Rear Admiral

Just had another idea...paint it camoflage then no one will see it !!