April Fools

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice
Re: April Fools

no no no, Madame Curie was responsible for Duck L'orange ...<br /><br />take a big vat of pitchblend, stir until the ducks nearby begin to glow ...<br /><br />self cooking, the only problem is by the time the duck is ready, yer goose is cooked ...<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br /> :p

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

I can just see JB gettin on a carrier, and askin where the BIG boats were ...<br /><br />down in Texas, this here is a rowboat ..<br /><br /> :p

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG
158.gif
<br /><br />I feel a poof coming on.
shy.gif

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It appears LF needs to bone up on her French a little.

LadyFish

Admiral

couch.gif
<br />I apologize.<br /><br />Geesh, I knew I should have never taken French and Russian in the same semester. :rolleyes:
inc.gif

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sorry no time for April Fool's jokes, gotta work!<br /><br /> :( :eek: :mad: :( <br /><br />LoL @ LadyFish ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

ROTFLMAO LF :D I did 3 doubletakes when I read that. I will chuckle for a while on this one!!

LadyFish

Admiral

You were right, I guess I April fooled myself.
thanx.gif
for the heads up.

18rabbit

Captain

Salty - at the risk of spoiling it... the joke is on the moderators, still. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

something was said about braise? breuse? it didnt register as anything bad, unless we are now poofing words from obscure french or russian or some other foreign dialects ...<br /><br />thats gettin a little silly, but yanno what they say about power corrupting<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Hello all,<br />Radio Hauraki here in NZ plays classic rock 24/7 and actually have a lot of laughs on the way.<br /><br />Yesterday (our 4/1) they changed to C & W.<br /><br />Man did that ever get the punters wound up. It sure was a laugh listening to the callers on play back through the day.<br /><br />Peter

18rabbit

Captain

A local radio station that plays rock ‘n roll switched over to Frank Sinatra type easy listening one year. I have to wonder about the advertising revenue they lost.<br /><br />One of the better mass media pranks was several years ago in the south bay area. A local weekly newspaper was distributed on April 1st that year. They ran a major news article about a recently discovered map of a gold mind that was located under the floor of a huge local mall. Testing showed it to still be a viable source of gold. The appropriate government agency was going to be set up to grant claims on a first come, first serve basis. Thousands of people showed up. I suppose Starbucks made a killing that day. :)

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

I guess a lot of folks are not suspicious enough around 4/1. Thats why so many get caught out. Trouble is that for most of the "victims" it is self inflicted.<br /><br />Pete

oddjob

Commander

Hey, I heard a good one last night. My wife and I are getting a divorce. She's staying with her parents at the moment until things are settled. Our 8 year old was talking to her last night before he went to bed on the phone and in the middle of his conversation he said "oh BTW dad bought a new car today!". From 15 ft. away I could hear WHAAAT!....April fool!.... :D <br /><br />PS- And no, I didn't put him up to it. :)