Anyone paying less than 2 bucks a gallon??

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Anyone paying less than 2 bucks a gallon??

Hey Brian, our gas up here has been fluctuating between 1.83 to 1.98. Its funny that you can go 10 miles away and it drops 15 cents. Diesel is 1.89. Heating oil is 1.49 (just got 152 gallons :( ) Hopefully with the amount of wood that I have, that tank should last me.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Brother Chris, I have good news for you.<br />There are only 3.79 liters in a gallon.<br />So 3.79l x $.90 = $3.41Can<br />$3.41 Can x .70 = $2.39us<br /><br />Now thats $1.11 less than you thought you were paying, you can sned me half of it since I just saved you so much money. :) <br /><br />Wisconsin gas prices, as usual, are among the highest in the US. Payed $2.03 for the cheap gas today.

brother chris

Commander

I'm wrong again. Thanks Roscoe. <br />I knew I was only right when I am a customer. :D <br />The check is in the mail Roscoe. ;)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Here in frikin' California I paid 2.39 for premium this morning. Arrgg!!!! :mad: <br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

92 oct which my van requires 2.01 87 oct 1.85<br /><br />brother chris <br />Back in 73 when we had that "crap and that was all it was" about a gas shortage. They dropped the speed limit down to 55 mph from 70 to conserve gas HAHA!<br />Well one of your countryman was cited for doing 70 mph down here in Washington state. Instead of paying the fine he went before the judge.<br /><br />The Judge read the charges and asked him if he was there to contest them? He said no your honor.<br />The judge then asked: Why are you here then?<br /><br />He said I know that here in the US you have a gas shortage and that why the speed limit was dropped to 55 mph.<br /><br />Your Honor as you know I'm Canadian. I filled up in Canada before leaving and was still burning Canadian gas when stopped. As we don't have a gas shortage up there, I figured it would be ok to go 70 mph! <br />The Judge dropped the charges! :D :D <br /><br />I read that in the Tacoma New Trib in 1973 and it was on all the news.

gaugeguy

Captain

$1.82 for 87, was down to $1.77 last week but with the price of crude approaching $50 a barrel an increase was due I guess.

LadyFish

Admiral

$1.789 for regular unleaded here on the island yesterday.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I paid 24 cents a gallon for 25 gallons at my last fillup. but that was because my grocery store has a promotion where you get 10 cents off per gallon for each 50$ you spend in groceries. you can use it once for up to 30 gallons. I let it build up until I hit $1.60 off per gallon, then filled up. Right now, I am at 30 cents off again. It was pretty cool loading up with 25 gallons for 6 bucks. (Giant Eagle by the way)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Blacktie, thats an great promotion. We have a similar one here but we can't acumulate them like you do. One discount voucher per fill.<br /><br />Aldo

aspeck

Staff member

$1.73 - $1.89 here. $2.60 at the Marina! OUCH! Pull the boat to fill up!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Look out, the price is coming down again.<br /><br />1.69 for regular this am.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

DARN!!!!! I spoke too soon.The station that finally dropped below 2 bucks the other day just went back up to 2.09 and all the other stations are creeping up again this week.My fault for opening up my BiiiiiiiG MOUTH!! Charlie

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

James Bond, what kind of cars are you driving that you need the "good stuff?" Last I heard it was illegal to sell or import into the USA, any vehicle that will not run properly on 87 octane. What are you driving, year, make & model? Gasoline just "spiked" here today back up to $1.99 from $1.98, for the cheap stuff.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I paid $1.86 today for regular 87 octane.

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

$1.78 here in Maine yesterday, my truck takes 33 gallons at a time........

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

$1.69 to $1.89 for the regular here in central Kentucky. Funny thing is that the lowest and highest stations I have seen are right beside each other in Lexington and they have been that way for about a week now. Guess which gas station isn't getting any business. :D <br /><br />Here in my hometown it's right around $1.78 everywhere.<br /><br />Needless to say, with a Dodge Durango, Jeep Wrangler and a boat, a nice amount goes out a week to the oil companies.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

93 at $1.94 tonight at the same place I paid $1.99 5 days ago.<br /><br />(EDIT: I mistyped $1.84 last night. oops :eek: )

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Same place as last week, same price as last week... Only place in town where super93 can be had for $1.99.....<br /><br />Diesel has gone up... Up untill a few days ago, diesel's been between $1.65 and $1.75 all summer at the station I pass everyday... Now, diesel, $1.95...? Go figure?