Anybody recently bought a SUV/Minivan? UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Anybody recently bought a SUV/Minivan? UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!

hey GF .. I'm not flaming the vehicles .. not at all!<br /><br />I just don't like the idea of yankin' around critters in one. horses shift and the load is much more complex than say a boat or a trailer full of 'stuff'. Could be just me and my upbringing around hayburners I can't stand the damn things but, thats another story for another time.<br /><br />Just me and my experieces with the critters.. I'm an old school dumb farm kid ya know :rolleyes: <br /><br />hey I'd be more than happy takin' a ride with ya in the new rig GF .. just as long as Muskyone isn't behind the wheel.. I think you guys have scared the crap outa me about his drivin' .. :p ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Barlow:<br />I think you guys have scared the crap outa me about his drivin' .. :p ;)
errrrrrrr, well wait to see gf's driving. :D <br />Oh, you mean in the car. Sorry. ;)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Well SBN, its kinda too late now. We got a 03 Expedition. It has 3 rows of seats, the rear set folds down flat for about 5 feet of room in the back. It has every option known to man except for a screen (TV) and leather. We wantd a screen but not the leather. They wanted $1500 for the screen, naw, I know how to do all that at half the price easy. It has the 5.4L V8, 4spd auto, 373 gears with limited slip and a towing package, its rated at 7200lbs. It is some kinda clean, looks brand new. On all of the radio presets it has all oldies stations, elevator music and jazz type music. You can tell it was an older persons truck. The reciever hitch has never had anything put in it. The sticker from when it was new was in the manual. It was listed as $35,994. We paid $25,965. Our van had gotten into pretty bad shape. It needed brakes front and rear, the side mirror replaced, a new cat convertor, and the a/c compressor went out 5 days ago. They figured the trade at $4500 and pay off was $6500 and they covered it(or we) but it was covered and paid offregardless. The KBB lists it as $26995 at a dealer. I feel good about it all. As a bonus to me my payments went from $412 to $446, thats close enough for me. Maybe this now belongs in the good new network.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good deal KB, was checking and the 2005 Durangos, loaded up with the Hemi, I was looking at were about 9K higher.<br /><br />Sounds like it's been taken care of. Good luck with it.<br />How many miles?<br />BTW, any kind of warranty?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

30000 miles, and it has the rest of the factory war. left. We were gonna buy the GM war. with it which is a rwal good deal but it was $1900 to make it to 85000 miles. I figure if I have problems with it it will be after that point. I hope that ends up being the case, or really no problems at all sound better. The best part was getting out of the van and not being out that much more money. I did have to give $2000 down but they are holding the check for 4 weeks till income tax comes in.