Any Rush listeners in the house?

eeboater

Commander
Did you guys hear the sound clips from post-Bush speech Nightline where they had a group of people pulled from the Astrodome who they KNEW were going to rip Bush... only when they were questioned about the speech, they had nothing but positive - optimistic things to say about their future and what Bush said?<br /><br />Oh my God I cracked UP!!!!! Total Big-Media backfire. <br /><br />Sean

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Any Rush listeners in the house?

Yes, I listen to him almost everyday, that was a hoot alright.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man I wish I could have seen that. I love it when the get people on live TV.<br /><br />Stupid media.<br /><br />Ken

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is why I do listen to rush, he would be the only place to hear things like that.<br /><br />When I first started listening to Rush, I was quite shy about it, but honestly, other than the standard good things in life, famiiy, ect, Rush is one of the few things in life I truly enjoy. I love the guy, I have said before, it is he that gave me courage to start my own business and therefore bought a boat, and now I'm here.<br /><br />Those who critize him don't listen to him.<br /><br />Spud

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br />Those who critize him don't listen to him.
Amen my friend.<br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

I can only handle 3-4 days of him, but he has slipped abit on my list, but nobody is better at the talk than Rush.

oddjob

Commander

Theres folks here who hold conservative beliefs but hate him, especially after the drug scandle in west palm, which BTW I still think no charges have been filed. <br /><br />I cracks me up with his sarcasm and self-loving/self-hating personality. I like to hear him half-jokingly brag about himself. <br /><br />The first time I heard him in 1988 when I thought I was a liberal....I hated him!...but this guy next to me played him everyday and eventually I began to understand his message. <br /><br />Sad thing is He initially liked and promoted the clintons for the white house. I didnt vote that time...but I would have voted for clinton. With clinton in white house I remained a liberal until after two years and the scandles piled up one after another....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Rush?.. sure... I like Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Limelight, Distant early warning, Red Barchetta, ect, ect....<br /><br />Neil Peart is one heck of a drummer!... The competent guitar work of Alex Lifeson... And of course the great voice and the bass work of Geddy Lee...<br /> :)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Politics aside snapper you are right. They are the<br />finest three piece band in the world.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Is he still on drugs? Or just another indiviual making money for nothing?

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I didn't like to listen to Rush when I first heard him -- would just get bits here and there. Then when I retired and would be working in my shop I had him on. Found him to be the most accurate news I could find. Also, found what I disliked was really his humor -- and as I'm sarcastic myself I find him very enjoyable to listen to. Bugs my wife when he says "half my brain tied behind my back just to make it even" and other such comments. Love those Paul Shanklin parody's!<br /><br />I can only get one station from the US up here; but, I'm a Rush 24/7 so I often have him online while reading iboats

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I bet the Canadian Government would love to be able to block the airwaves he broadcasts on!<br /><br />...and Yes EE, that was a total hoot today. That broadcaster was trying his d***dest to get the people to rag on Bush.

PW2

Commander

I admit to listening to him--in short doses. It is generally easy, however, at least when you can figure out what he is prattling on about, to poke holes in his logic.<br /><br />As far as this particular incident, no I didn't hear it, but why wouldn't these people, assuming they believed what the president said, be thrilled?<br /><br />The speech was in the grandest tradition of Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" speeches, and it basically promised that the feds are going to take care of everyone's every need.<br /><br />Now I admit to being just a touch skeptical, and will withold opinion till the details are worked out.<br /><br />I'm not at all sure I want to see the feds hand over control over a couple hundred billion to the governor of LA or the mayor of NO?<br /><br />And the feds have already awarded 5 no-bid contracts, 4 of which happen to be non-Louisiana/Miss companies who all gave big campaign contributions.<br /><br />So I remain somewhat skeptical of the whole thing. I am not sure we really want to go the Lyndon Johnson model anyway, and I have no idea how this could possibly be administered.<br /><br />What I am somewhat surprised at, again not hearing the show, is why Rush himself did not go ballistic at the contents of the speech, as most all of it is in direct opposition to what Rush professes to believe.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I admit to listening to him--in short doses. It is generally easy, however, at least when you can figure out what he is prattling on about, to poke holes in his logic.<br /><br />
:p :p OK, Whos holding the money that we put in that PW2 would show up with just this reply? :p :p

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Rush has a great talent in identifying the lowest common denominator on the IQ scale.It is to that level that he aims his daily show.<br />Incidentally,Howard Stern uses the exact same technique.<br />That is why they are both so popular.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Rush has a great talent in identifying the lowest common denominator on the IQ scale.It is to that level that he aims his daily show.<br />
Ah ha! I see the light now. Limbaugh does not engage the critical thinking skills that would elevate one, in the greater continuum, to the level of Progressive! :rolleyes: <br /><br />For all you conservatives out there, that was a very Progressive way to say that you and your mores are dumb. :eek:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I do find that a portion ( read a substantial portion)of RLs topics are interesting as well as of value regarding delivery of conservative position of issues. But, RL does blather from time to time, and I do believe that his "sessions" of live callers are edited and as well, timed to further his conservative message and programing. <br /><br />An observation as much as a criticism, why are Liberal Talk shows always a failure? Unless a person is an NPR junkie, there is nothing on talk radio for the pinko commie fags (Archie Bunker quote) :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br />.... why are Liberal Talk shows always a failure?
Herein lyes the great hidden truth pjc. In spite of the amount of power that the Libs have been able to garner thru the press and the courts, the vast middle America does not subscribe to the Camofouge, lies and prevarications that the Lib talk shows engage in to try to return their Progressive Party to power.<br /><br />In other words they have nothing of value to say. Limbaugh, of course, is just a fluke. He does it all thru hypnotism and smoke and mirrors. The Left just hasn't been able to come up with someone with that talent.<br /><br />Also of course, the same goes for the popularity of the Sean Hannities and every other conservative that seems to have a lock on the airwaves today.<br /><br />BTB, Libs have done an effective job of painting Constitutionalists (conservatives) as right wing whackos, when in fact the greater middle America subscribes to all set forth in the Constitution and that makes them Moderates by any measurement.<br /><br />The Left of course, has to interperet the 'living docuement' to get it's way and that is why they need a liberal packed court.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I've been an avid listener since 1989. Like someone else stated above, a cowerker listened to him every day. The second day, i was suprised to discover that even tho i called myself a "liberal", i was far from it.<br />I am now a 24/7 subscriber, and plan on keeping it. The database of links that back-up his "stack of stuff" and his on-air comments, alone, make the 50buks a year worth it.<br />Add to this, the monthly mag, and I have all the "ammo" i need to defeat liberals.<br />(albeit, a kind of a skrawny publication).<br /><br />His acuracy rating is unassailable, too.<br /><br />As for his drug adiction, i don't hold the same optomism as others here may hold. Drugs are bad {m'kay). I was wired on cigarettes for 34 years, and know a monkey on a back when i see one. I pray he makes it. But the drugs he abused are more powerful than the will power of most people. He is, after all, only human, and a human with chronic pain to overrcome daily.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

12, I do not give a hoot if RB is or has used, abused prescription meds. <br /><br />Off topic but: Read an old book "Valley Of The Dolls". I drew a perspective from that novel, and I believe that the modern day Hollywood is the same. That is IMO why the likes of Penn go on camera and say the **** they do. The people are stoned.