Any musicians here?

EdW

Cadet
Re: Any musicians here?

Don't know that I call myself a musician, but I've been playing trumpet for almost 40 years. For the past 15 been playing with an 18-pc. big band named Stardust. Before that played a few years with a community band.

LadyFish

Admiral

welcome.gif
roxxi, I've been known to do a little "connieokeein" myself. :)

Carphunter

Commander

I hear ya Tylerin, ............I think i'd keep that to myself if its true anyway.

tylerin

Commander

He's playing his own to Carp. He must be into that Yoga crap :D Probably the neighborhood Twister champ :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Wow :eek: :eek: Is that some new kind of...edit, responsibility sucks.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Prett good jam session so far!<br />So far we have: <br />1 Drummer(if you want him off your porch...pay him for the pizza :D .. sorry carpy, couldn't resist :D played the skins for 5 yrs in a band myself))<br />3 Trumpets<br />2 Flutists(EDITED)including Toad)<br />6 Guitar players( 7 including me)<br />2 Piano players(3 including me)<br />a Fiddle player <br />and a couple of vocalists<br />I'm all for the iboats 2004 jam, Ndemge

Carphunter

Commander

ROTFLMAO at Tylerin!!!! :D :D :D <br /><br />He tends to turn many of his posts into his own sexual orientation.............why is that?<br /><br />Dave, I was also the lead vocalist in a couple of bands that I played in. Played the drums and was the lead singer, now thats talent. :D <br /><br />Now for the good part...........last time I played was 13 years ago. :eek: <br />Is Skynard still popular? :p

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had to do a little cleaning up on this thread. Please guys try to keep it clean.

SoulWinner

Commander

Alto sax, tener sax, drums, bagpipes, electrric bass. Don't play any of them much anymore. I need to get practiced back up on the bagpipes. I love to play "Amazing Grace."

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've played clarinet, basson, sax and french horn. Not much any more. I actually won a music scholorship when I graduated HS. It was for $50. That's all the school could afford. I ended up joining the Army.

ndemge

Commander

$50 ! so what, they offered to wave first semester registration?<br /><br />I thought about joining the army for band for about 2 minutes after HS

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />ROTFLMAO at Tylerin!!!! :D :D :D <br /><br />He tends to turn many of his posts into his own sexual orientation.............why is that?
Now come on carpy, we know why now don't we? ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Yeah, I know SBN. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Almost like they want "special" treatment. :confused:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />Yeah, I know SBN. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Almost like they want "special" treatment. :confused:
Yea and in certain places they do. :p <br />But not here at iboats.<br />We don't cull no one. :D

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

SBN and Carphunter, I was just trying to be funny guys. Apparently I shouldn't have bothered.<br />Sorry.<br />Anyway that was a joke, directed at myself, at my own expense, implying I was a masterb8tr. Apparently most didn't get the harmless joke, which where I'm from has been around since childhood.<br /> <br />Now, you are talking about "my sexual orientation", and things like "they want special treatment"? <br />I find your comments offensive.<br />If you ever met me in person, or saw a picture of me and my wife you'd realize just how way out of line you are.<br /><br />Just because I've stood up for gay issues in the past. Doesn't make me a homosexual.<br /><br />Dave Abrahamson, I'm sorry this thread got messed up. <br /><br />Mods, please close er' up if necessary.<br />Thanks.