Any javelin owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Bates

Recruit
Re: Any javelin owners out there?

yes I own a 1989 396DC with a 150 johnson.I live in st. paul mn. and fish the mississippi most of the time. The boat is great for that.how do you like your boat.

boog

Recruit

Yup,
I have a 1993 Javelin 409 DC w/ 225 Johnson Venom
Black with Silver/Red Stripe

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

Yes, I still have my 1990 Javelin 4.3 I/O ski boat.
Great boat, and good on gas!.
Pics of it are under my welcome post.

bar79lee

Recruit

I just recently bought a 1996 javeline 20' w/ 225 johnson venom. It belonged to my uncle and he never used it so he sold it to me. All of his vehicles run for the longest time so I think it was a good deal. So far I love it, or maybe the fact that I love owning a boat.

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just recently purchased a 19.5' 1989 Javelin 396 F/S with a 140hp Evinrude. So far it has been a nice purchase, a few things to fix but overall am very happy with this boat...

bullet28027

Recruit

Scott, I just bought the same thing a 1989 Javenlin 396 FS Evinrude 200 XP. With some "minor problems" but what a nice boat even better with my new pyle marine system. So far I replaced the oil/fuel pump 356.00, the powerpak 221.00, 6 coils 180.00, steering cables 363.00, 6 carb kits 180.00 (could've gotten by with one) new plugs and wires, but it was bogging when cold , I took it the Evinrude Dude and he found the stator was going bad, leaking that tar onto my timer base, so a new stator and I'm set. I've had it at 55mph on gps, hoping the new stator along with the freed up timer will get me up to 65. So far I have done all the work myself, but the evinrude dude said that I had done my homework, and was impressed with the work, and also eliminated alot of troubleshooting for him. Hope your new to you Javenlin brings you as much fun as mine has, I wouldn't sell mine for twice what I gave for her. If you have questions about the boat or motor just ask I have learned alot about working on them, One thing I tend to forget when fishing is when you pull the trolling motor flip the switch to charge so you charge your trolling batteries when moving.http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/bullet28027/Javelin/

Last edited:

Dutch552

Cadet

Proud owner of a 1994 Javelin 363B with a Johnson 115. Blue and silver in color. Pleased with the ride, wish she had a tad more storage space. I'm in the middle of moving both trolling batteries to the front of the boat for better weight distribution. It was taking too long to jump onto plane out of the hole after experimenting with a couple props.

Timothys115

Cadet

I have a 92 363 FS 115 evinrude. Love it. Just got it this late summer. I have enjoyed more than some have enjoyed there boat all year. Javelin might have sold out but they still live on. We need to support each other so we can still enjoy our boats. Happy boating

adamrobertson

Recruit

This is my first post here. I also just bought an 89 Javelin 396 fish and ski, 19.5', with a blown up 89 Johnson GT200. I found a parts motor and swapped powerheads with an 86 Johnson 225. To my surprise, it fired right up on the first crank. Anyway, my Javelin had been neglected so the seats and gelcoat are toast. Whatever, that's still in better shape than my other 2 boats which are rotted out. I love the styling and roominess of this one, and it seems well worth the time and effort of semi-restoring it. When I took it for its (my) first test run, top speed was disappointing at 50mph (GPS). Maybe a jackplate and little things here and there will help. Is there any documentation available on the front trolling panel wiring, etc? There's a knob right above the power plug and I have no idea what it's supposed to do. Cheers.

goboating

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Javelin owners, new guy here. I have a 1993 360 FS with a 90HP. Needs a little TLC but it runs great and fishes even better. I posted pics under "A work in progress" I'm in SC hope to see ya'll on the lakes.

rdraper_3

Recruit

I just inherited my dads 2000 Javelin Renegade 19 with a 175 Evinrude. He is getting older and decided to give up hunting and fishing so he GAVE the boat to me!!! This boat was bought brand new by him and I have ALL paperwork since the day he bought it plus all service records. It was ALWAYS stored in his garage and kept covered when not being used. It's tan o n the bottom with black mid stripe with gold metalflake in the black and a red pinstripe separating the 2 colors. VERY sharp looking boat. Now then, I've had it up to 73mph so far and it scared the hell out of me because it started chine walking REALLY bad. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from doing that? I want to see just how fast I can get this thing going too.......any ideas on top speed??????

knashcat

Recruit

I need to buy new wheels for my javelin venom 17 F/S trailer what do i need to know to be sure my new wheels will fit . Thanks in advance

wallychaser

Seaman Apprentice

I purchased a 1999 379 Fish & Ski last year, excellent condition with very little use... so far so good... I love it. It replaced a 1979 aluminum Blue Fin that was hard to part with, a great boat too... looking back... wow... Love the Jav.... Powered with a 150.... Wife says too fast... I say "hang on" Nick

Scottimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I need to buy new wheels for my javelin venom 17 F/S trailer what do i need to know to be sure my new wheels will fit . Thanks in advance

Weight, bolt circle size, size of tire. Just a few things off the top of my head...Anyone else can chime in :)

LSU Fan

Recruit

I just bought a 1989 Javelin 396F/S with a Johnson GT200. Boat needs a little TLC but nothing too bad. I do have a question about the motor though. It runs GREAT at wide open throttle (62mph) but at low idle, it sounds like it is sucking air or missing or something and then dies. Any clue of what this could be? Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

joe11077

Recruit

I have 93 409t,200 evinrude.whats your top speed?mines
around 51-53

flurrrs

Recruit

I bought a 99 Renegade F/S with Johnson 150 from a service shop 3 weeks ago and it has been at the shop since the day after I bought it. Ran it for 20 minutes and fished for 20 minutes. I could not get it to go into gear after that. It kept stalling as soon as I put it in gear. It also wouldn't hold a prime after that. He has been running it everyday to figure out exactly what the problem is. It fires up when cold but not when warm. You can let it sit till it cools down and it will fire up. Anyway its been very frustrating because we have been wanting to take the boat out but can't. We liked it for those 20 minutes though. Any tips?

BassFishin42

Recruit

Ha! My 1st post.
I became a semi proud owner of a 95 Javelin 379 DC with a '96 150 Johnson Fast Strike a little over a month ago. Bought it on a Tuesday, spent a few hundred to get outfitted for a short trip on a local lake. Took the girlfriend out as my 1st mate, only to find out she will need many hours of training before she can be the 1st mate.

It was a bit windy for the 1st shake down (I did NOT test her before I bought it=foolish). While the GF was parking the truck, I decided to get her warmed up, cleared the bouys and hit the hotfoot to see how she would get on plane- well this thing hunkered down and that nose went straight into the sky for about 3 seconds and jumped on plane like a scalded dog. Ran it WOT to see what the RPM's were like- 4500 and doing about 50 (not to shabby), brought the trim up and sneaked it just over 60, brought the hotfoot (I hate it) back to a comfortable 30 and turned her back in to get the girl. She was freakin out that I brought the nose straight up! We tooled around for about an hour and called it a morning, but as we were heading back, we could smell fuel! I was hoping nothing major. Loaded and done for the day, I decided to take it to a local shop that has a 'few' years of experience- wanted a complete check of the boat and what it would cost to get rid of the hotfoot and install a new throttle cable at the helm.

Well surprise surprise!- had a major fuel system problem- seems like the previous owner did not want to fix the fuel pump in the motor so he hooked up an electric fuel pump- a Mr. Gasket 14psi fuel pump! Yep, it blew fuel right thru the carbs- all of em. After all was said and done- we add another $2000 to the buy price. A valuable lesson learned from this experience!

Well after the fix was done- this little monster is now pushing 65 at WOT/4500 and barely trimmed- no chining, no porpoise acts- jumps out on plane still like a scalded dog and its a 3 blade SS prop- no I don't know the pitch- but I'm happy with it for now, although the GF hates it when I want to fly on the water.

Yep I now own a BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand).

Status
Not open for further replies.