Any Frank Zappa Fans?

KennyKenCan

Commander
Are there any Zappa fans here at iboats?<br /><br />Anyone think that Zappa was misunderstood?

rwise

Captain
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

I have a lot of his work in my collection, and it gets played!<br />Richard<br />EDIT: there KKC I fixed the upside down "m"

KennyKenCan

Commander

rwise,<br /><br />
I have a lot of his work in wy collection, and it gets played!<br />
My only question is, what the heck is a Wyoming collection? LoL :D <br /><br /> :D :) :cool: :D <br /><br />Sorry, I could'nt resist.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a face only a mother could love, but what lyrics!<br />
d65905l2d12.jpg

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

May get a lot of flack on this, but Frank Zappa was one of the most creative artists in our lifetime. Only had one 4-channel album of his, the one with Dynamo Hum (forget the dang name!). Creativity = 10. Musical arrangement = 10. Made me laugh = 10. Miss his genius...

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hot Rats!!! I love that album although it was better when I was doing drugs!!!! :cool:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

frank, alice and ozzie really paved the road for<br />lotsa current music trends IMO. like most folks<br />ahead of their time, un-appreciated and mis-understood...

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

" watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow"........."poodle bites it, poodle chews it, come on frenchy".........

KennyKenCan

Commander

These are the guy's who made Zappa great:<br /><br />Frank Zappa (lead guitar, vocals)<br />Warren Cucurullo (rhythm guitar, vocals)<br />Denny Walley (slide guitar, vocals)<br />Ike Wwillis (lead vocals)<br />Peter Wolf (keyboards)<br />Tommy Mars (keyboards)<br />Arthur Barrow (bass, vocals)<br />Ed Mann (percussion)<br />Vinnie Colaiuta (drums)<br />Jeff (tenor saxophone)<br />Marginal Chagrin (baritone saxophone)<br />Stumuk (bass saxophone)<br />Dale Bozzio (vocals)<br />Al Malkin (vocals)<br />Craig Steward (harmonica)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey Pat Campbell,<br /><br />These lyrics are for you...<br /><br />In the dark<br />Where all the fevers grow<br />Under the water<br />Where the shark bubbles blow<br />In the mornin'<br />By yer radio<br />Do the walls close in t' suffocate ya<br />You ain't got no friends . . .<br />An' all the others: they hate ya<br />Does the life you been livin' gotta go, hmmm?<br />Well, lemme straighten you out<br />About a place I know . . .<br />(Get yer shoes 'n socks on people,<br />It's right aroun' the corner!)<br />Out through the night<br />An' the whispering breezes<br />To the place where they keep <br />The Imaginary Diseases,<br />Out through the night<br />An' the whispering breezes<br />To the place where they keep<br />The Imaginary Diseases, mmm . . .<br /><br />This has to be the disease for you<br />Now scientists call this disease<br />Bromidrosis<br />But us regular folks<br />Who might wear tennis shoes<br />Or an occasional python boot<br />Know this exquisite little inconvenience<br />By the name of:<br />STINK FOOT<br />Y'know, my python boot is too tight<br />I couldn't get it off last night<br />A week went by, an' now it's July<br />I finally got it off<br />An' my girl-friend cry<br />"You got STINK FOOT!<br />STINK FOOT, darlin'<br />Your STINK FOOT puts a hurt on my nose!<br />STINK FOOT! STINK FOOT! I ain't lyin',<br />Can you rinse it off, d'you suppose?"<br />Here Fido . . . Fido . . .<br />C'mere little puppy . . . bring the slippers<br />"Arf, arf, arf!" (crash-crumble-bump-bump-bump)<br />Heh heh heh . . . sick . . .<br /><br />Well then Fido got up off the floor an' he rolled over<br />An' he looked me straight in the eye<br />An' you know what he said?<br />Once upon a time<br />Somebody say to me<br />(This is a dog talkin' now)<br />What is your Conceptual Continuity?<br />Well, I told him right then<br />(Fido said)<br />It should be easy to see<br />The crux of the biscuit<br />Is the Apostrophe(')<br />Well, you know<br />The man who was talkin' to the dog<br />Looked at the dog an' he said: (sort of staring in desbelief)<br />"You can't say that!"<br />He said:<br />"IT DOESN'T, 'n YOU CAN'T!<br />I WON'T, 'n IT DON'T!<br />IT HASN'T, IT ISN'T, IT EVEN AIN'T<br />'N IT SHOULDN'T . . .<br />IT COULDN'T!"<br />He told me NO NO NO!<br />I told him YES YES YES!<br />I said: "I do it all the time . . .<br />Ain't this boogie a mess!"<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT <br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES

SoulWinner

Commander

Burnt Weenie Sandwhich<br /><br />Remember the Mothers of Invention? Great stuff to mix in with Pink Floyd ;) I don't have Frampton Live, but I DO have Joes Garage :)

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Didn't he even compose & I think conduct a symphany. A very creative guy even if a little bent.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by BrianFD:<br /> the one with Dynamo Hum (forget the dang name..
I believe that one was Joes Garage.<br />The guy had a way with lyrics....thats for sure.<br /><br />Dave

KennyKenCan

Commander

Dina-Moe Humm was first released on the album "Overnight Sensation" in 1973.<br /><br />Sure wish I could post the lyrics to that song here, but I'm sure the mods would POOF it!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That's it, KKC! Overnight Sensation... Sounded GREAT in 4-channel!<br />Dang, now I'll be singin' Dina-Moe Hum all stinkin' night!<br />("Couldn't say where she's comin' from, but I just met a lady named Dina-Moe Hum... She stroll on over say, "look here, bum, I gotta 40-dollar bill says you can't make me ...")

KennyKenCan

Commander

SoulWinner,<br /><br />I cant beleive that you don't have Peter Frampton "Live"!<br /><br />Not having that album is like never hearing "Stairway To Heaven"!<br /><br />I think you need to get to a store and get a copy of Frampton...SOON!<br /><br />Not having Frampton is like a Rock & Roll Cardinal Sin! :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey BrianFD,<br /><br />Now that, that song is stuck in your head and you'll be singing it all night, see how many of your freinds know or remember that song.<br /><br />Been trying to get my local R&R FM station to play that song for the past couple of years, but they continually refuse.<br /><br />Even the overnight DJ's won't play it!<br /><br />Go Figure.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Can anyone guess the name of Frank Zappa's first album and in what year?