Any Archers, archery hunters here?

FLATHEAD

Commander
Curious if any others do the archery thing. Early season is creeping up on us here in SE Pa.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I loved bow hunting in the pasture where I used to live, I really miss that place every fall. I could hunt over at my daughters farm, but it is pointless if the crops in the area are not out.

aspeck

Staff member
I do … when I get the time … enjoy it.

aspeck

Staff member
Just picked up a cross bow that I haven’t gotten to hunt with yet … this year …

FLATHEAD

Commander
Have my hopes to see this guy this year. He has a crazy double beam on his right side. Have him on cam the last three years, never saw him in person. Have better buck around but would like to fill the freezer with this guy. Huge body for these parts.

3B586016-3F83-426C-ACD3-5FDC7ABB2143.jpeg9A63C01D-9156-45E1-9379-60429121A6A8.jpeg

aspeck

Staff member
Nice buck! Lots of character! I would stick him in a heartbeat! Good luck to you, Flathead!

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Haven't bow hunted in almost 30 years but got back into indoor target shooting about 8 years ago.

aspeck

Staff member
Until the range closed a few years ago was part of a video archery league (Techno-Hunt). We had a lot of fun with that. Our leagues were 5 on a team and you threw out the lowest score of the week. It was a round robin style tournament. Our team generally finished 2nd overall, but we did have a couple firsts over the years. Just fun to "shoot" all kinds of animals in their native habitat while never leaving the archery range. We found the smaller critters were the easiest to hit ... aim small, miss small.

FLATHEAD

Commander
Techno hunt is a lot of fun. There were two places not all that far from me that had it. Unfortunately one closed, the other went strictly firearms.

Speck have you visited Lancaster Archery? Place is like slice of archery heaven.

aspeck

Staff member
I have not been there, but now it is on my list of places to check out when in that neck of the woods.

MRS

Commander
Curious if any others do the archery thing. Early season is creeping up on us here in SE Pa.
Use to shoulders and knees not working to well now. This was taken many moons ago loved hunting them hog’s.
Was trying to post a photo from photo bucket but won’t let me.

MRS

Commander
Use to shoulders and knees not working to well now. This was taken many moons ago loved hunting them hog’s.
Was trying to post a photo from photo bucket but won’t let me.

Found old picture of javelin hunt in Arizona use to love hunting them desert pigs to.
FF38C859-7504-485F-B69A-F18543CCD2D1.jpeg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yes. I also have a compound bow. Either way something should happen, now that Im retired I should be able to get out there more.

I had big plans on getting in the boat alot this summer being newly retired. Ya right. With the wife still working it's tough.
I was against just letting anyone use a crossbow at first, but have warmed up to the idea and would like to hunt when it's warm instead of freezing during the firearm season...

Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Yeah, my son had a crossbow before they were legal for hunting. Target only. He no sooner sold it, then it became legal. Had to go get one!

FLATHEAD

Commander
Trying to avoid xbow as long as I can Ive gone down to as low as 50 pounds with compound bow and had no problem taking down white tails. Granted I don’t take shots at game past 35 yards, most of my shots are 25 or less. 50 pound draw with a modern bow is far easier then many think. Highly recommend trying it if your having trouble at heavier weights. I’m currently pulling 55 with an Elite Ritual 33.

Nice piggy MRS.