Another stolen boat?

OK so here it is. I recently injured my back and had to have major back surgery. Until now i have been an avid kayak fisher. My yak was was dialed in for fishing, even had fish finder installed. Anyway i figured it would not be the best to lug around the yak and gear from truck to water, so i decided to sell it. i looked on craigslist to see what my setup was going for and came across an add. It read something to the effect of old fiberglass boat for sale or trade. HMMM the guy wanted a kayak for his kid and and had an old gently beat up boat with trailer. long story short...... a SWEEEEET one for one trade we were both happy. The boat needs some fiberglass work and there is some wood that at some point in its life some one screwed onto the boat for seat supports. The trailer needs some clean-up work but i think i am up to the challenge. Here are a couple pics. :D

front of boat.jpg

back half.jpg

back to front.jpg

Last edited:

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Another stolen boat?

Prospector welcome to iboats . I look forward to seeing your boat but your pics didnt work :D. With that I am off to bed hopefully will see them tomorrow :D.

Rick

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Is that a welded aluminum boat? Looks like a great fishing boat! Put some camo on and sit in the boat the wife will never know your there.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok I can see them now you did real good that merc hngin off the back is probably worth as much or more than the kayak .

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey congrats on the barter...looks like you got the better end of that deal:D

Does the Merc run? What hp?

the boat is fiberglass. the motor i believe is 20hp it doesn't work have not looked at it yet. i have been pulling out all the rotten wood. i have ? though. in the front of the boat is a platform. pic one. part is glassed together and the top is screwed in but the wood it was attached to was rotten so i cut the whole platform out. i'm going to fab a new platform the ? is when i cut it out did i change the structural integrity of the hull? DID I MESS UP and make the whole front end WEAK
ohh why would the motor be worth so much