Another reason not to like JFK.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Another reason not to like JFK.

Thank you, Capt Kidd for the vote of support. It is much appreciated,really .<br /> But I wasn't done, just comming up for air....I can't breathe down in them depths Scott drags some of these threads to. :) <br /><br />
<br /> The people who are mad at Kerry for what he said about the war have been blinded by patriotism. It's not wrong the love your country, but it is wrong to sacrifice the truth in the name of it.
What exactly is patriotism to you, if not loving your country? I do not understand the "blinded by patriotism" mentality, Scott. It's all so reminiscant of Vietnam. What you call, "blinded by patriotism", I precieve as patriotism without reason. Am I right?<br />No matter, because it's bogus anyhow. What you call "Blinded by patrioism" is probably a collective hatered for the ememy, fealt by many of your own countrymen, of which I am proud to be amoung. We don't take kindly to the Hitlers, TuTu's, Sandmen, or Tojo's who subject thier own people to horible attrocities, and suffering for any external or internal purpose they illude to. And I don't like murderers, and those who would kill as many innocent souls as they can, or instill "fear" or "TERROR" into any society, no matter HOW "DECIDENT" THEY THINK IT IS!<br /><br />
<br />Horrible things happened in Vietnam. It turned into a disaster, just like Iraq is now, and you people (not all) are still saying the same thing you were saying back during Vietnam. If you're against the war, then you are a terrorist (or VC) loving traitor. A perfect example of blind patriotism. Sorry, but I'll take truth over patriotism anyday.<br />
Horrible things happened in New York, In Yemmen, in Washington DC, in a Pensylania field, and yesterday, in Mosul. I'm against horrible things. I want horrible eyes for my countrymen's eyes!! and I want it yesterday.<br />But all we can do is all we can do.<br />
<br />BTW, 12footer, what is this new anti-terror fighting tactic that you speak of? From what I read of your above post, you think that bringing more insurgents into the mix is considered an anti-terror tactic. I always thought the goal was to eliminate the # of people attacking us, not increase it.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about????<br />Anyway, such tactics would be a bogus Kerryism.<br />I would like to see us disregard civility to those who would hack-off heads of innocent working men, by hacking any captured mutant perps' heads off more slowly. And I wouldn't care if CBS televised it to boost thier lost ratings over the forged documents.<br />I want a mutant eye for each and every eye they take.<br /><br /><br />Of course, this hasn't happened yet, But it may before this hell is over.

rogerwa

Commander

If you vote for Kerry and he wins, you still voted for a loser. GW is leading by conviction, maybe not your conviction, but none the less by his own conviction. It is one I agree with and cannot beleive how a rational individual could believe Kerry to be the 'lesser of two evils'.<br /><br />Terrorists will not respond to nuanced reactions. They will respond to brute force. What we have learned thus far is that diplomacy with the islamofacists is akin to appeasement. The deal is pretty clear, either live under sharia law or die. I don't like either.<br /><br />Based on past experiences on both candidates who would you pick for your team. This is life or death, not republican vs Democrat. Gw will back up his word, JFK will not.. Simple as that.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I was so disgusted with Bush's domestic and economic wranglings, I went thru about one week of planning to not cast a vote (pre Nader).<br />Bush is the lesser of two evils, only in a figure of speach (as far as I'm concerned, and I do remember saying that before)...<br />I just meant that niether canidate is even close to perfection in my opinion, but there is only one clear choice to make November 2nd.<br />I would only have trouble making-up my mind if Lieberman were thier canidate..I would sit it out in such a case.<br />And we agree that Bush has a course he belives in, and is staying that course. Kerry is so very all-over-the-place, he mimmics insanity.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

12footer, don't mean to steal your soapbox, but you missed one thing.<br /><br />
Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> Kerry was smart enough to realize that Vietnam was a disaster, then spoke out about it.
Kerry was a United States Navy Officer. His job was to follow orders. Military personnel do not make policy, they enforce it. It was not his right, nor his duty, to speak out against anything. His job was to follow the orders of the policy makers of the United States, that being the elected government. If those orders were illegal, it was his duty to report such illegal orders. <br />He did neither. He consorted with a declared enemy, and, according to him, participated in atrocities without reporting them, until after he had quit from a job he had taken an oath to do.<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /> ....Terrorists will not respond to nuanced reactions. They will respond to brute force...
That is the truth. There is no other way to analyze it. Those who deal in violence for the sake of violence, will only respond to violence. <br />Playground bullies, wife beaters, child molestors, serial killers....et al only pick on those weaker than themselves. They never fight a fight against a formidable opponent, because they will lose. Terrorists are the same. They are nothing but criminals. Bullies who will get thier way by force, intimidation, or coercion. When they find an opponent that can't be bowed to their own will, they will find easier prey, or cease to exist.<br /><br />The Kerry Camp's constant claim of heroism, in the face of his self proclaimed atrocities, along with the fact that he knowingly met with a declared enemy of the United States, make him unfit for command, and therefore unfit to be the Commander In Chief.<br /><br />A lot of horrible things did happen in Vietnam. A lot of horrible things are happening in Iraq. A lot of horrible things happen in every war. War, itself, is a horrible thing. That is what makes it so critical that the man who is the Commander In Chief of the Armed forces who are at war is a man who will stay the course, and not become a friend of the enemy. Bush might not have gone to Vietnam, but he was on the right side of the war, at least, not on the other side.<br /> "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend, and the friend of my enemy, is my enemy."

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Rule number one of war. Identify the enemy.<br /><br />Kerry Failed. Perhaps the uniform confused him.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

No soap box to steal here, Capt. And I couldn't have said it better myself
emthup.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> Rule number one of war. Identify the enemy.<br /><br />Kerry Failed. Perhaps the uniform confused him.
ROFLMMFAO!!

Ralph 123

Captain

r3493219289.jpg
<br /><br />"Those are nothing! You should see all the medals I got in Vietnam!"