American owned!

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: American owned!

:) Stop unemployment until there are no jobs in the daily newspaper and you will see "Americans!!!' pumping gas and in the varieity stores. you will never see them when they can make 500-600 bucks sitting on there *** collecting from florida when living in another state!!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Flathead, trust me, I know what you mean. I get sick and tired of that crap too.<br /><br />I just always like to point out that things may not always be like they seem to be.<br /><br />Good luck! And dont patronize any business that gives you poor service. I walk out of many of them all the time. Most of the time its good ole born and bread US citizens.<br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

Very good and heart felt post oddjob.I understood it.

WoodRust

Seaman

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> I give up!! If you think that this is only an issue on speaking English you just don't get it. <br /><br />Woodrust you must not have read any of the post on this thread. WE ARE TALKING NON AMERICAN OWNED BUSINESS'S. <br />
I do get it Flahthead... now you have great wages, great health-care and good paying jobs too.. and American owned->Walmart.. Welcome to hell

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I do get it Flahthead... now you have great wages, great health-care and good paying jobs too.. and American owned->Walmart.. Welcome to hell
Woodrust, your hate for America certainly overpowers your intellect. Do you really think , comparing apples to apples, that Walmart pays any less for equivalent positions found in like in kind small business? Walmart has brought more products at better prices to more people with more stable job opportunities in more places than all of the small business they have replaced. That sounds, on the whole, like a bit of Heaven to me. <br /><br />Maybe you'd rather have the French as your neighbor!

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I agree. I wish Woodrust would stop lobbing grenades, and either participate in discussion, or stop posting.<br /><br />As an aside, I think Walmart is "hell" its a horrible place to shop. I've only ever shopped there once (two jugs of Prestone) and will never do so again. I've walked through on a few other occasions as well. I just don't get it. Where is the community "feel"? Its the most impersonal place imaginable. Walmart forces countless companies out of business (by default) which had pleasant storefronts, and possibly served the community for decades. Now these former store owners are supposed to be content and secure that they have a job at Walmart? And at nearly the same wage? Impossible! The unskilled labor/minimum wage staffing situation at the numerous stores that Walmart displaced would probably be about the same, and the wages would be similar as in the numerous shops that went out of business I presume...<br /><br />An unfortunate situation.<br /><br />I always try to support the little guy. I get expert one on one service, and they always go the extra mile. I pay a bit more, but I could care less. Whether its a tackle shop or auto parts store, it makes a big difference IMO.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Maybe we're on to something here, Toad. We agree 50 percent. :D <br />True, true, true re: the atmosphere at Walmart and it is unfortunate for the small store owner as well. I've been there and done that. Although not put out of business by Walmart my business became un-viable due to larger competition. <br /><br />I also try to patronize the smaller guy to a certain degree. I won't go into a small store and pump them for information then go to the big box and buy it. I know many do. I'll pay for information but when it comes to toothpaste and toilet paper I want it as cheap as I can get it. <br /><br />But Walmart is often the seed for economic growth in an area where they locate. They draw from a wide area and that causes other viable businesses to locate nearby thereby increasing the size of the pie.<br /><br />I won't try to sway your feelings and opinions on Walmart but you have to admit that more(employment and consumer) benefit from it, in the long run, than are hurt by it.(even if it is a hard pill to swallow)

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I suppose I agree with you Boomyal. Personally, I look up to Home Depot though. IMO Walmart has no class. I don't consider Walmart a pillar of support in my community, but unfortunately it probably is...

Link

Rear Admiral

Flahthead<br />Brother I hear ya, I hear ya I hear ya. Didn't think you were being racist then or now.<br /><br />This may not sit well with some here (intellectual snobs who will never have a clue anyway) I can and will back this up.<br /><br />There are only two types of people who come to live in America now or earlier days.<br /><br />A: Those who want to become Americians and live the Dream (poor or rich) They ALWAYS learn to speak English! or a form of it! FIRST! :) <br /><br />B: All others and this isn't always bad.<br />IE: People who come here to work to support thier families back at home.<br /><br />Those who come here to become American (ALWAYS) learn to speak English first!) Did I say that already??<br /><br />10 years ago I had a sales route that covered WA,OR, and ID doing about 10,000 miles a month and 450 shops..<br /><br />"They were all "American" owned! But the difference is that not everyone owning the shops were here because they wanted to become Americans. About 70% of them were owned by people who were here not to blend in but had few other choices and America was thier best choice.<br /><br />They don't speak english as thier first and don't really like our country. And I don't want them here!<br /><br />These people make it look bad for those who really wanted to come here. <br />Today is Monday the 10th of May. I'm going to go to two different places. One is a cafe for a cup of coffee and the other is a barber shop. Both are owned by "Americans" who came here 30+ years ago.<br /><br />I like and get along with both people. Have known both for 20 years or so. <br /><br />The first isn't here because they wanted to become American. They just really had no other choice at that time. And I can relate as to why they came but now that they can go back I have suggested many times that they do. They still do not speak enough english to give directions to the nearest bus stop. <br /><br />The second is from the same country and owns a business accross the street. Speaks better english than I do. Has a son in the military and would rather die than leave the US. They don't denounce thier home country and go back a couple years to visit family. But call the USA thier home. <br /><br /><br />Link

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Owned and made in "AMERICA" hand tools by<br />John Stortz and Son Hand tools ;) :cool: