American owned!

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: American owned!

The American culture will continue to be segregated into smaller and less concentrated areas. Very sad that people are willing destroy the unique type of comradory that made us a distinct culture, all in the name of open mindness, tolerance.<br /><br /> I have a few simple rules. Do not come to my country or continue to live here, if you are not willing to,<br /><br /> Learn to read and speak english. (it's how Americans communicate)<br /><br /> Well, on second thought I believe that rule if followed whould take care of my other rules.<br /><br /> I'm an intolerant, close-minded, American, and proud of it.<br /><br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, according to the Brits English hasn't been spoken in this country for a hundred years.<br /><br />Our "American" culture and language has been assembled from bits of English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish (They were here 200 YEARS before the English landed on Plymouth Rock), Japanese, Chinese, Etc., Etc., Etc.<br /><br />Now it continues to grow and absorb new bits of culture from South American and Central American Native cultures, as well as south Asian cultures.<br /><br />It has always been so and will always be so. We are a better country and a better civilization because of it.<br /><br />We have many fine members here from other cultures and countries.<br /><br />Much of this thread is an embarrassment to the spirit of the USA. Freedom and Liberty mean that someone doesn't have to behave as you wish if (s)he doesn't want to.

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

I agree immigrants came to this country. The difference that I see is this. The Immigrants that came to this country thru New York (Ellis Island)My for fathers. They came with all there possession (not much) and there attuide was they would either make the USA there new home or die trying. I have asked everyone in my family the same question to as many generations of my family I could find. The question was. Has any one been on government support or aid? The answear has always been no. My ancestors had a great work ethic Work or die trying. That has continued to this day. Where I live is North Carolina and there are alot of legal and illegals here all the women are pregnant and on the dole. I have a few friends in the medical community here and they tell me there on aid and use the system to death. A system our for fathers built with hard work and sweat. My question is if they were here for the long run they would treat this country with respect and its people with respect. They look down women here all the time. I remember the women where I grew up washing the side walks on the knees they loved this country and for what it stood for a new chance. Not a door mat to use and abuse. My question is this. When the people who take from the system out number the people who give to the system What happends then.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Some people make a living out of being embarrassed, apologizing, and preaching tolerance to other people, but it doesn't apply to them, like Bill and Hillary, Barbara Boxer, Oprah, Tom Daschle, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, or others that have isolated themselves in their own little world. <br /><br />But to tell someone they are intolerant, because they don't like their views, is the perfect example of intolerance and hypocracy.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The problem is now that people are told they need to remember their background and dont forget their culture. 100 years ago, people immigrated to the USA and forgot about their homeland. Now immigrants are confused.<br /><br />I brought my wife and son here to the USA. They both only speak english now, before that, my wife was OK with english, and my stepson spoke very little english. My wife 100% believes if we are living in the USA, she should speak english.<br /><br />I also get frustrated with employees of american companies speaking spanish infront of me. Checking in at the airport in Houston, one employee was training the other in spanish. And they both spoke english very well.<br /><br />I think the main problem is that these people have been told that it is OK to do this. Well it is not OK, but if their boss said something, he would probably get in trouble for not being tolerant.<br /><br />These people need to be told that it is not OK to speak another language in the USA. It is time for some of our leaders to stand up and tell these people this.<br /><br />Ken

WoodRust

Seaman

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> For the last couple of weeks I have tried to patronize only American owned business's. It has been nearly impossible. I am sick and tired of going into a store or gas station or whatever and the clerk can hardly speak any English. <br />
Blame the people who hire them!!! No jobs, no welfare=no imigration. You did & are doing it to yourselves. So go stand in front of a mirror and complain. Cheap veggies, cheap gas, cheap toilet paper...cheap everything. You vote for it, you shop for it & - so enjoy it!

FLATHEAD

Captain

I give up!! If you think that this is only an issue on speaking English you just don't get it. <br /><br />Woodrust you must not have read any of the post on this thread. WE ARE TALKING NON AMERICAN OWNED BUSINESS'S. <br /><br />Soon coming to a neighborhood near you,, stayed tuned.<br /><br />Sorry JB but the way these people take advantage of the USA is the real embarrassment here. I find it hard to believe that you can not see it. I guess if they want to be anti American that is all well and good because that is freedom and liberty, Keep those blinders on. Perhaps you should spend some time in my neck of the woods. If you think the post here on this thread are an embarrassment you should see the way these people act and live. You might think different. I am not throwing a blanket statement on a whole segment of immigrants, but there is a good many that fit the bill.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Interesting discussion,<br /><br />Our modern politically correct world has created words that ascribe meanings to words that are not correct and designed to belittle and elisite a societal shift. These words are tolerant, racist, bigot, sexist, etc. The "enlightened" aspects of our society have used these terms to affect social, financial, political, educational, and law enforcement policies in this country.<br /><br />Unfortunately what these self described tolerant types forget is that this country was not set up to be a magnet for entitlements to the lazy or crimminal but provide "opportunity" for the self motivated and visionary who, move here to make greater contributions to their society and the world with their efforts. We established a country that by it's design was to keep government out of a persons racial, religious or political background and give each "individual" equal opportunity to success. We have basterdized this into entitlements, open boarders, set asides, affirmative action, quota's and the like. We have elevated immigrants to a level that exceeds that of those who paid the freight with their lives, sweat and vision. This entitlement atmosphere has enboldened and created a subculture of rude and reverse rasist groups.<br /><br />I do feel sorry that some of you haven't met people of other cultures that you could call friend. Not all immigrants can be keyholed in the before mentioned way. More than you might imagine. Unfortunately they are too busy making contributions and trying to assimilate into the american culture while maintaining their own identity to annoy us. I have to agree that if you want to find racism in america then you start looking in the minority communities. They have raised victimization to an artform while ascribing that which they live and practice to others. (A double standard that the liberal types embrace and foster)<br /><br />Words mean things and changing them to meet a political and social agenda is how we have gotten to the point we are now. I want to give everyone a chance to contribute to our country, unfortunately that is frequently the last reason that many people try to immigrate here.

crab bait

Captain

heck, i even take it a step farther.. i even boycott store that have young white americans workin' behind the counter.. for they are the rudest of the bunch..<br /><br />if they're below 25 ,, i walk out..<br /><br />when i was a kid.. i was surrounded by italian immigrints.. all the families were atominate about becoming american.. an quickly.. <br /><br />they would get slapped upside the head if they spoke italian outside their house doors.. <br /><br />they were the first to US FLAG up their houses durin' holidays..<br /><br />they were good people.. i hardly ever ate home.. good 'ole days..

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> heck, i even take it a step farther.. i even boycott store that have young white americans workin' behind the counter.. for they are the rudest of the bunch..<br /><br />if they're below 25 ,, i walk out..<br />
I agree, I get poor service for all walks of life, all colors.<br /><br />As for the American owned, one has to ask yourselves, why are all of the business owned by non-Americans. I believe because they are the only ones willing to work the long hard hours to make these business work. A guy from Vietnam owns the store near me. He speaks good english, and I see him there all all different hours.<br /><br />Also, Flathead, in your example, you make a couple of assumptions. One, you assumed the owner was the one working there. Two, you assumed just because he wasnt white, he want an american. And three, you assumed that because they werent speaking english that it was rude. They could have been relaitves from out of the country visiting and they cant speak english.<br /><br />Dont live you life on assumtions. If if bothers you that much. Next time calmly and politely ask them if they can speak english while they are servicing you.<br /><br />I plan to do that next time.<br /><br />Ken

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Boomyal, Toad can acctuly see the forest throught the trees sometimes. This is not about color or race, but about indeviduals who move to our country, some to better their lives(the ones I respect) and others to get a free ride( the ones I dispise)Im in construction and some of the hardest, most skilled workers are immegrents that really understand that they are living the American dream.Many Americans have forgottin or have never been taught what that means. I too am very irritated when they dont speak English and If it was up to me, if I cant comunicate with your employies I would soon as hire a different crew.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Thanks Pointer at least some people here are "tolerant" of my views on this matter. Others just "Assume" they know what is going on in my neck of the woods. I am done with this, I should have just kept it to myself i guess.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

as a consumer, chosing who will get your hard<br />earned dollar is 100% your right, for whatever<br />reason. I believe flathead is reacting more to<br />his personal treatment/experience rather than<br />some kinda racial profile here...<br />I trust his reasoning even though MY own personal<br />local experience may differ. in fact am willing to<br />bet that this has NOTHING to do with race, but<br />is all about attitude?<br />correct me if MY is wrong FH.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I do not mind any foreigner coming to the USA as long as they work legally!!! Pay something such as taxes etc:!!!<br />And they should have to learn "ENGLISH!!!" to become a citizen!!!<br /><br />As far as "AMERICAN!!!" made goes there isn't one auto mobile that all the parts come from the good ole USA.<br /><br />Welches grape juice is 100% made and owned in America!!! ;) :cool:

oddjob

Commander

I think I understand you Flathead. This is a complicated issue. I would have to write an SA to properly convey my position. As I've stated in a thread before I live in South Florida. Near the Dade County/Broward County line. Live in Ft. Lauderdale and work in Miami Lakes, Florida. 13 years ago I couldnt land a job in dade co. because I couldnt speak spanish or I should say "I was not biolinguell" (sp?). All the <br />born Americans lived in Broward and the Cuban Americans and other latins lived in dade, where I was mainly applying for work. I eventually found a suitable job where I've been for 12 years. <br /><br />In the beginning, I had the additude of Ryan. I didnt understand them and felt isolated. <br /><br />Today, at work most of my friends are latin. I encourage them to speak Spanish around me if no gringos are present. Its the only way I can retain what spanish I know. I know enough to understand alot of what is being said. <br /><br />I didnt grow up here and watch my neighborhood culturaly change before my eyes like Snapper bait did, so I dont feel the same territorial feelings he and alot of my cracker(in the complinent form) friends who were born and raised here feel. I understand their positions.<br /><br />After Hurricane, all the segregated cultures got mixed up as alot of the latins moved to Ft. Lauderdale. Today alot of latins legal and pending are coming to Florida and their settling further north and into central Florida.<br /><br />See, I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. I have no idea what I"m trying to say except that most latins are buena hente "good people". <br /><br />Maybe, my body language helps now as it my have hindered me long ago.<br /><br />Still, I know where everyones (Flathead and crab bait) coming from about the rude service in non-American owned businesses. I just wanted to make the point that this additude is not rampant in the Cuban American communities.<br /><br />I hope I made some sense here as I feel I didnt...peace brothers. :)

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Flahthead, <br /><br />I understand your frustation in putting up with the rudeness of non-english speaking individuals. <br /><br />Man, when I come across that, I'll switch to spanish and watch the confusion from the non-latino person. It blows them away when they cant understand you. Once in a while I'll come across non-latinos that speak spanish. I'll ask them where did they learn spanish......South Florida they say... go figure.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "Air stream Trailers!!! are "AMERICAN!!!" made ;) :cool: