FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I do not think you can mount a tower on the Tahoe boats unless they are reinforced. I wanted to mount one on my 20q0 Tahoe Q4sf but heard from Tahoe Marine that it is not possible unless it is factory reinforced. maybe there is some way to get around it...
I have a 2008 Q7i that we mounted a Samson tower to without any difficulty. That being said, our tower came with machined mounting plates that allow the tower to fit more naturally against the hull (i.e. the plates are contoured and aren't flat) to reduce compression stress as well as backing plates that we mounted on the interior of the hull to spread the weight more evenly. We have used our the tower for 2 seasons now without any adverse effects. While I can't speak on the mounting of either Aeriel or Monster towers, I can tell you that we didn't (and don't) have any issues.
I have a 2008 Q7i that we mounted a Samson tower to without any difficulty. That being said, our tower came with machined mounting plates that allow the tower to fit more naturally against the hull (i.e. the plates are contoured and aren't flat) to reduce compression stress as well as backing plates that we mounted on the interior of the hull to spread the weight more evenly. We have used our the tower for 2 seasons now without any adverse effects. While I can't speak on the mounting of either Aeriel or Monster towers, I can tell you that we didn't (and don't) have any issues.
Thanks for the reply, I will also take a look at the Samson towers. That was very good info as I never thought about that aspect when you attach the tower.
Your boat may have factory reinforcements, my '08 Q6 did. Even if it doesn't, you can reinforce it, or pay someone else to. You can mount any tower you want, as long as you beef up around the holes you drill.