A strange name indeed!!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: A strange name indeed!!

Hell, Florida..<br />Beverly Hills, Florida..<br />Florida city, Florida..<br />YeeHaw Junction, Florida..<br />Cleveland, Florida..<br />Intercession city, Florida<br />Frostproof, Florida.. (dunno where they got that...i've seen frost there)

ob

Admiral

My mom was raised in Magazine Arkansas.

aspeck

Staff member

2 of the 3 frm my neck of the woods have already been mentioned, but when you realize they are all in the same area, it is even stranger - in the heart of Amish country, PA ...<br /><br />Blue Ball,<br />Intercourse,<br />and Paradise!

brother chris

Commander

There was this place on our way to Spokane Washington called "Jump off Joe Lake", then a little while later there was "Jump off Joe Lake 2". <br />I think it had something to do with the buffalo jumping off a cliff. <br /><br />Hell, Michigan.

ebbtide176

Commander

And who can forget the famous "Butcher Hollow, Ky" right down the road from me.
my early yrs was in a tiny place between chickamauga battlefield GA and lookout mtn TN, called millwee hollow :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Got no funny names here in Wis, just regular names, that no one can pronounce.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

for roscoe...some WI towns of interest....:<br /><br />"Gays Mills".."Jump River"..."Boscobel"..."Beaver Dam"..."****eyville"

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Hot Coffee and D'lo, MS.... Ninetysix, SC....Climax,GA.....Round O,SC

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Michigan has both Hell and Paradise. So, yes Hell does indeed freeze over ;)

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

There is a town in Austria and a town in Newfoundland Canada who's names are guaranteed to be poofed here.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Wisconsin has the Kickapoo river. Two unincorporated towns Hope and Little Hope (Little Hope is larger than Hope). East Bristol is WEST of Bristol. And there are TWO Rome, Wisconsins. And of course we mussn't forget Baraboo, Pardeeville, Footville, Oshkosh, Wausau, Tomahawk, and Waukesha (not pronounced Wau-KEE-sha as if it were named after some black chick). There is also Marblehead which is a quarrying town where they dig up ... what else ... Limestone. :D

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Eighty Four, PA - home of 84 Lumber - go figure! :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Most of the towns in NH are named from towns in England or Indian names. The only one that comes to mind worth mentioning...<br /><br />Dummer, NH.

NYMINUTE

Captain

French Lick, In.<br />Cuba, NY<br />Chili, NY<br />Fish Creek, In.<br />Earp, Pa.<br />Elephant Butte, Mt.<br />Medicine Hat, Sk.

tylerin

Commander

My 2 duck hunting holes<br />Los Banos, and La Panoche(poofed in English for sure)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Davenport, IA<br /><br />Hayti, SD<br />Yale, SD<br /><br />Yipsilanti, ND<br />Wimbeldon, ND<br /><br /><br />AND THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL...<br /><br /> MOORHEAD, NORTH DAKOTA <br /><br /> :cool: :D

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey Barlow, Moorhead is in MN, Fargo is the city in ND across the border. But yes, I have always loved that city name for certain reasons we cannot discuss......

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /><br />AND THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL...<br /><br /> MOORHEAD, NORTH DAKOTA <br /><br /> :cool: :D
Is that near Flathead ;) (Thats where the beer goes)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

errr .. thanks for the clarification sanger.. border town running into one another ..no?<br /><br />all I know I guess is that I chuckle everytime I drive through it .. <br /><br />I even took a picture of the information sign that says:<br /><br /> "5 miles to Moorhead"<br /><br />Always starts a hunting trip on a good note.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />LMAO @ Tylerin<br /><br />as a matter of fact .. yea it is!!