A real debate

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: A real debate

I appologize for highjacking the thread as it is probably the most informative political one i've read in a while. Had to vent a little

Link

Rear Admiral

Pretty much what Carpy just said. <br />(Yes I checked me spelling this time) :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Why do you like Bush?<br />He is an honest man, relative to the opposition. And when he speaks, he doesn't tell you what you hear, but but it is. His belief in God effects his policies and morality, and that's important to good/vs/evil issues,such as US vs terrorists, relationship with nations that don't permit freedom of religion, or freedom for that matter. I like the dignity he restored to the office after cleaning the stains out of the carpet from the last guy.<br />I like his abilty to delegate responsabilty to responasable people.<br />I like the fact that he kept the gloves on to the point where even I am screaming at the tv to take them off...What class!!!!<br />I like his steadfast stand. Once he makes a decission, the decission has been made, and he follows-thru. (Not wishy-washy or flippy-floppy).<br />I like his economic reforms, like the tax cut, and hope he can make it perminent.<br /><br />Why dont you like Bush?<br />Instead of limitting government buerocracy like a good republican should, he formed another department with it new layer of funding. Just what we need...ANOTHER AGENCY WITH IT'S HAND OUT!!<br />His perscription drug entitlement. It is all but worthless, but we must now pay for it....and the ones who complained the loudest (the liberals) are not happy.Heck, they are actually ANGRY!! So in the end-analysis, what good is it?<br />He even out-spent Clinton!<br /><br /><br />Why do you like Kerry?<br />This is a tough one. Being a veteran, I really have to dig deep here--- but I'll try;<br />He served his country in harm's way, for you and me.<br />Outside of that,I'm sorry. I've been sitting here for 10minutes, and still nothing else comes to mind.<br /><br />Why dont you like Kerry?<br /><br />I don't like the fact that he aided our enemy in wartime...AND HE IS AT IT AGAIN! How much courage has he given our enemies this time?<br /><br />I don't like being refered to as a war criminal.<br />He cannot tell anyone what he believes,,only what he thinks they wish to hear him believe. This leads to his reputed flip-flopping.<br />And what is known about his core beliefs, is diametrically opoosed to my own (ex, Abortion, foriegn affairs, economic ideologies, choice in running mate, ect).

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I can not vote for Bush.. It all boils down to whats at the core of the man..<br /><br />Bush willfully abused mind altering substances (cocaine and alcohol) in his 40 year "youth".. I'm quite certain that he knew full well that cocaine possessition and DUI was/is a crime.. <br /><br />Bush has demonstrated the inability to make the correct decision on something so simple as to "just say no to drugs and alcohol".. Now he has the gall to ask for my vote to be President of the United States of America? <br /><br /> Cheney has demonstrated the inability to make simple decisions also.. How many DUI's for Cheney? 3? <br /><br />Not in 2000, and not in 2004... Never..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Why do you like Bush?<br /><br />Why dont you like Bush?<br /><br />Why do you like Kerry?<br /><br />Why dont you like Kerry?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Why don't you like Nader?<br /><br />Why do you like Nader?<br /><br />Hey.. If it's going to be a real debate, Nader should be included..

ebbtide176

Commander

(LIKES)<br />-GWB takes a hardline against terrorism, doesn't let antiwar critics bother him too much, and doesn't let popularity polls direct his platform. <br /><br />-GWB served in the military and didn't try to use it as the main reason for getting to be leader of this country.<br /><br />-GWB has christian values, and isn't afraid to admit it influences his life.<br /><br />-GWB has given us tax cuts + changed the tax rates, both of which put more of my money back into my pocket.<br /><br />-GWB isn't afraid to stand up to the UN when they won't take action, and when they only intend to make diplomatic gestures into infinity.<br /><br />-GWB isn't afraid to tell other countries what we think of them when they harbor ill feelings towards the USofA.<br /><br />-GWB actually works around the farm doing manual labor for enjoyment, not just to get a photo op as many pencil pushing politicians would. <br /><br />-i believe GWB makes many decisions based on his moral convictions, which Americans are needing more of, in this day & age.<br /><br />-GWB had the strength to change some bad habits of his youth, and has strived to live a 'cleaner life' since. i admire him for the effort, since many politicians still haven't been able to overcome similar problems.<br />-------------------------<br />-JK believes in & helps gather federal money to handout to those who can't get it on their own.<br /><br />-JK believes in & helps gather more of individual Americans' money to donate to feel good projects, which i feel is charitable.<br />-------------------------<br /><br />(DISLIKES)<br />-GWB is too soft on JK's insults, i think he could do a little more on explaining to America just what JK's senate record identifies as far as ideological trends.<br /><br />-GWB is too soft on biased reporting, and i think the whitehouse might consider more public denouncements of the liberal bent given by mainstream media<br />-----------------------------------<br /><br />-i feel JK's actions after he served in vietnam overshadowed the service he gave. i would compare it to putting the effort forth to become an ER doctor, and then quitting the practice and becoming a serial killer.<br /><br />-JK insults the iraq leaders we are trying to build relationships with.<br /><br />-JK puts very little importance on maintaining our military eqmt & research<br /><br />-JK wants to take back some of the tax relief we finally got.<br /><br />-JK is a multimillionaire, but claims to be one of us, the average american. and he actually claims bush is for big business only, although JK has big business holdings, and GWB gave the little man some of his tax money back.<br /><br />-JK believes in taking increasing amts of federal money to handout to those who can't get it on their own, which in principle, has led to a cycle of generations of people who are unable to exist on their own hard earned money.<br /><br />-JK believes in taking increasing amts of individual Americans' money to donate to feel good projects, which i feel should be left up to us as individuals to contribute to whatever charitable orgs we deem worthy. i do not want JK's types making me give my money instead, to the special interest groups he deems worthy.<br /><br />[ok, these are the few things i can think of right now] :)

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Why don't you like Nader?<br /><br />Why do you like Nader?<br /><br />Hey.. If it's going to be a real debate, Nader should be included..
yes, what he said. why isnt NADER allowed to be in the debate. he IS a canidate. <br /><br />i will be voting for him , no question about it. its more of a vote AGAINST the other two EDIT.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Bush is a straight shooter, contrary to all the hype and hoopla of the opposition. He has done what he has said he would do. Too liberal, but a good man.<br /><br />Besides being a liberal fruitcake, Kerry is a bull$**tter: he doesn't know what he'll do as president, but he has a plan. Yeah, right. He went to Vietnam just to get his ticket punched...three bandaids and he's a war hero. Yeah, right. Sold out his "brothers" and consorted with the enemy, and that makes him a class "A" scumbag, and a traitor in my book.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I like the way you did that post, Ebb.. :) gonna borrow that..<br /><br />(Likes)<br />Kerry wants to let the Patriot act expire.. Nader wants to repeal it..<br />Bush drives a Ford down on the ranch..(i'm trying here) :D <br />Kerry is pro choice, as is Nader..<br />Bush is pro death penalty..<br />Both Kerry and Bush propose better pay and better benefits for military service personnel..<br />Kerry proposes to stop corporate tax loopholes..<br />Nader realizes that the IRS, and the way they do business, is a joke.. He would most likely support reform of the IRS..<br />Both Nader and Kerry oppose drilling for oil in the Arctic National wildlife refuge..<br />Kerry support for increased minimum wage..<br />Nader support for campaign finance reform..<br />Nader support to change NAFTA..<br />Nader supports an impeachment inquiry to investigate Bush and Cheney with reguards to the war in Iraq.. (i'd sign the petition, but I might be labled as an "enemy combatant" buy the current administration)... :mad: <br /><br /><br />(Dislikes)<br />Bush, Kerry, and Nader all support affirmative action in one way or another..<br />Bush support of the patriot act..<br />Bush supports public funds for private schools.. "vouchers"..<br />Bush supports investing social security $$$ in stocks..<br />IMO, Bush and Kerry both have un-realistic goals for reducing the national deficit...<br />Bush support to waste of tax dollars for an ammendment to ban same sex marrige..<br />GOP and DNC attempts to buy off and kick Nader out of the race..<br /><br /><br />(Not-sure)<br />Kerry "socialized healthcare plan"..? <br />Bush support for logging in national forrests to reduce wildfire risk..?

Carphunter

Commander

Do you really think Nader will be a factor in this election? :rolleyes: I don't.<br /><br />Ebb, I like the way you responded also, and I especially like what you had to say. Agree 100%.