A question for any scientists out there

Re: A question for any scientists out there

Not necessarily, YZ165. I'm here to gain the knowledge and experience that jacoboregon wants to think he has. To that end, I welcome any interested and legitimate readers to continue posting.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Continue posting about what? :) NetDoc has given the science of it. I gave you the reality of it. I don't think my "enlarged liver" can take any more of this:)

Thanks for your contributions, Tohatsu. If anyone else wishes to add, great. If not, let's enjoy this day with family, friends and football.

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Continue posting about what? :) NetDoc has given the science of it. I gave you the reality of it. I don't think my "enlarged liver" can take any more of this:)

This thread has a life and best Thursday entertainment on the net...or at least inflatable forum!

CapeAnn

jacoboregon

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are still straining at the gnat, netdoc. Whether everything you have said or think on your posts is 100% true or not, they have insignificant bearing on whether or not a properly applied patch will hold on a boat being used within it's designed limits, which I should have just left as stated.

I got off on the tangent of whether or not scientific theories are provable instead of leaving it as there is no significance in it relation to patching an inflatable boat.

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are still straining at the gnat, netdoc. Whether everything you have said or think on your posts is 100% true or not, they have insignificant bearing on whether or not a properly applied patch will hold on a boat being used within it's designed limits, which I should have just left as stated.

I got off on the tangent of whether or not scientific theories are provable instead of leaving it as there is no significance in it relation to patching an inflatable boat.

From a scientific perspective - everything posted here is conjecture based on extant data / best guesses. First-hand knowledge, prevalent concepts/theories being part of pre-trial process. At the end of the day we'll see what happens when the boat is in the water & the OP subjects the inflatable & patch to actual field conditions. That's when the rubber meets the road.

A complementary experience which will occur this weekend is the launch of the new Mars rover. It's also based on extant data, best guesses and theory. One cost billions of dollars and the inflatable hopefully not more than $20.00. One of the two is definitely more fun though.

Bravo, NetDoc! The only thing I would add is that the "whit" in "to whit" is actually spelled wit. I'm only trying to inject some humor here and not detract, in any way whatsoever, from the value of NetDoc's contributions to these forums.

I'm the detail guy at my job. Boring, I suppose, but somebody needs to do it.