9 Things That Will Disappear In Our Lifetime

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: 9 Things That Will Disappear In Our Lifetime

Analog VS digital modems, digitals fastly taking over.

Is AM and FM also dying in this digital sociaty?

AM/FM what's that? Satellite is in all our vehicles(all 2 lol)...........:p

All I want some day is a wide screen tv, but, the way mine are going now, they will never die. That's as far as I go for new electronics. The electronic/digital world can pass me by and that's fine with me....

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Wish the beer that I like would be that inexpensive.

I also can't believe people still use fax machines.

Mrs Ken is office manager for one of the top lase eye surgeons around. General eye surgery (cataracts, injusries etc) as well. And yes, they are still using faxes regularly. Hard to believe when they are using state of the art multi million dollar equipment in the rest of the practice.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Mrs Ken is office manager for one of the top lase eye surgeons around. General eye surgery (cataracts, injusries etc) as well. And yes, they are still using faxes regularly. Hard to believe when they are using state of the art multi million dollar equipment in the rest of the practice.
yeah, I think sometimes it just old habits die hard. In my refi almost all documentation goes through Dropbox(cloud storage) but there are a few requests to send it via fax which blows me away.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I'm not a lawyer but I believe that there is a major legal status to fax transmissions that is not matched by anything "newer".
Telexes used to be usable as binding documents and I believe so are faxes...e-mails....not.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Even fax transmissions are a little iffy.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

You old timers had all the fun. When did they stop letting people play this?

There two kinds of horse hockey, the first ones a pain in the azz to play cuzz you gotta put the skates on the horse :eek:
The second horse hockey is played with a frozen chunk of DUNG, great when its cold but when it warms up "CRAP" hits the ice in chunks!!! :D

As for the people that have grown up in larger centers with good telco services, the rest of the planet is slowly coming on line, quit bragging!!:rolleyes:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The second horse hockey is played with a frozen chunk of DUNG, great when its cold but when it warms up "CRAP" hits the ice in chunks!!! :D

Ahhh, frozen road apples...... Around here there's cow chip throwing. Again, a winter sport only...... When you live in the frozen north for months at a time, you need to get creative...

Now those are 2 things that probably wont disappear in our lifetime....;)

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

There two kinds of horse hockey, the first ones a pain in the azz to play cuzz you gotta put the skates on the horse :eek:

As for the people that have grown up in larger centers with good telco services, the rest of the planet is slowly coming on line, quit bragging!!:rolleyes:

LOL, the first one is what I was thinking of :D The second one sounds fun too, unless you're the goalie taking a slap sh*t off the mask.

tswiczko

It's already getting hard to find a payphone

ngt

Why would one need to find a pay phone?

To make a phone call when you're not at home if you don't have a cell phone.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

To make a phone call when you're not at home if you don't have a cell phone.
And who would that be? I don't know a single person who doesn't have a cell phone.

I am kinda hoping Arnold Schwarzenegger would dissapear but I guess that isn't happening.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Why would one need to find a pay phone?

Brucey Bud, Either you just do not get it, or your just blown horse chunks up every ones caboose!!! (still undecided???)

Find the one place that you can find with no internet conection and cell connection and survive a week, Dare YA!! BAHAHAHA:D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Find the one place that you can find with no internet conection and cell connection and survive a week, Dare YA!! BAHAHAHA:D
Just got back from Malaysia. 2 weeks with no internet and no phone. Didn't even bring my phone.

Seriously, when was the last time anyone on here used a pay phone?

ngt

And who would that be? I don't know a single person who doesn't have a cell phone.

I know 4 people that don't have cell phones. Yes, 4. What if it breaks? What if there is an emergency? What if you took a road trip, forgot your charger, and your car broke down. Sh** happens. I go to fishing spots all of the time where there are pay phones because there is no cell reception there.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I know 4 people that don't have cell phones.
People under the age of 18 and over 70 don't count :)

So, when was the last time you used a pay phone? I would not even know where to look to find one if I needed one. Way more likely to find someone with a cell phone if needed.

ngt

People under the age of 18 and over 70 don't count :)

So, when was the last time you used a pay phone? I would not even know where to look to find one if I needed one. Way more likely to find someone with a cell phone if needed.

Seems to me that kids under 18 without cell phones would need a way to make a phone call in an emergency too, lol. As for my 4, two of them are 64 and 65, and the other two are 36. You would look for a pay phone in front of major stores like wal-mart, by a bus stop, in front of the movie theater, or outside of a grocery store. Last time I used a pay phone was when I didn't have my cell phone and my car broke down. :)

fishrdan

Admiral

I'm with ngt, lots of area that don't have cell reception, have pay phones. I used a pay phone once last year :D and even had to break out my calling card :p

Add calling cards to the list as #10....