77' 16ft Starcraftt ss

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah there it is, guess my iboats search skills aren't as good. ;)

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Made it back from the woods around noon yesterday. 6 days of 4 to 5 hours of sleep and wearing full gear 90% of the time was easier in my late teens and 20's. Nothing some medicine and rest wont fix.

Im gonna try to get a battery this weekend and get back at this wiring. Friends of ours are holding a Birthday party at our house today for their son to have more space for guests than their apartment so tomorrow should have most of the updates if I can get to it.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Got my battery today and wires back on. Seems to have fixed the issue. Waiting for dark to try it out.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
It seems the battery was the main issue with my testing and wiring of the lights. I picked this up today and had no faults when running all lights!

Bow lights on with spot lights

20160306_184459_resized.jpg

No lights on....
20160306_190049_resized.jpg

Bow lights on.....

20160306_190101_resized.jpg

All lights on, I will need to angle them right once balanced on the water with the motor. Both at idle and running/plane speed.

20160306_184356_resized.jpg 20160306_184416_resized.jpg

Inside view bow only spots...

20160306_190113_resized.jpg

Inside view with all spot lights.....

20160306_190121_resized.jpg

Just the two side lights.....

20160306_190158_resized.jpg

The new battery

20160306_102926_resized.jpg20160306_190209_resized.jpg

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
what size inline fuse should be good to put between the battery and the switch panel? from what ive read its good to have one 6 to 8 inches from the battery?

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I think it depends what guage wire you are running from the battery to the fuse block as well as the length. My boat had a 20 amp installed but I have read 30 amp.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Not much gonna happen here next few months. I should be in a 6 week class at the end of this month and if all works out I will be moving. So that means money better spent preparing the house to be sold than a motor. June 27th is when I will be where Im moving, which is not known yet. Life in the Army. When I know ill will let ya know. I cant wait to find out! As it is, nothing is for sure until it is though. That is just the plan for now.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
what size inline fuse should be good to put between the battery and the switch panel? from what ive read its good to have one 6 to 8 inches from the battery?

Fuses are usually sized to protect the wire, but sometimes people oversize wire and then oversize the fuse without thought for the appliance at the end. I'm unsure now where you've changed your wire sizes, but you should have a 30 amp fuse within a few inches of the start of your #10 wire, then where it might downsize to #12, install a 20 amp and where down sizing to #14, install a 15 amp. These are what have become standard size fuses, even for your home. I'd use a 10 amp fuse for #16 wire. The lower the fuse size, the lower the amount of energy released at a short circuit created by a damaged wire, but reducing the fuse down to less than 125% of a continuous load can cause premature fuse failure and in some cases actually cause unnecessary heat at the fuseholder. - Grandad

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats and hope everything goes well gf. Moving is always exciting, as long as it's to a good place. I had three moves in my 14 years in the Military. My first and last were on Vancouver Island, BC. Those were sweet postings. Since I couldn't get any better than that and knew there would be at least 2 more in the next 8 years I started looking for other work at 12 years. 2 years later I was a civvy, it was kinda weird after only ever knowing the army.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Can, i cant wait to be a civvy again. Got about 6 more years to go here! Cheers and thanks for your time in!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Fuses are usually sized to protect the wire, but sometimes people oversize wire and then oversize the fuse without thought for the appliance at the end. I'm unsure now where you've changed your wire sizes, but you should have a 30 amp fuse within a few inches of the start of your #10 wire, then where it might downsize to #12, install a 20 amp and where down sizing to #14, install a 15 amp. These are what have become standard size fuses, even for your home. I'd use a 10 amp fuse for #16 wire. The lower the fuse size, the lower the amount of energy released at a short circuit created by a damaged wire, but reducing the fuse down to less than 125% of a continuous load can cause premature fuse failure and in some cases actually cause unnecessary heat at the fuseholder. - Grandad

Prettt sure ill do the 30amp once i get the battery placement down. Thanks GD.

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
I still miss it all the time but you only remember the good times not the bad. Six years will fly by, I regret not sticking it out as I have no pension from my time in. Could have retired 6 years ago and still do what I'm doing now but with an extra 2 grand each month. Oh well. Thank you for your service gf!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
That's a tough one gone! I was with the 24th I.D. back in the early-90's...and only had to worry about my guitar & barely enough clothes to fill a gym bag. Best of luck with the relocation! Hopefully you end-up where ducks are a-plenty! :thumb:

Thank you for your service!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Wrap her up good and don't forget where you left off. :eek: Since she could be under wraps for a while, I've heard some moth balls tossed inside can help keep the critters at bay.

Any idea where you'll be stationed?

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Not sure where im going yet. Wish list goes florida, chicago/winsconsin areas, then lastly long island ny/maine. But reality is they put ya where they need you. We will see. All three areas/regions is where our family is dispersed.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
As for storing it, i plan to tow it where ever we end up. If its too far it will be wrapped and stored in florida at my parents until i can bring it along.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You made you request wrong, g0ne. You request the 3 places you don't want to go. The Army and military way is to never grant your wish. LOL

Hope you get a new station to your liking and the tinny can follow along in short order.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
You made you request wrong, g0ne. You request the 3 places you don't want to go. The Army and military way is to never grant your wish. LOL

Hope you get a new station to your liking and the tinny can follow along in short order.

I know right. The one time i try reverse pschology is the one time the wish lish works.