74 Starcraft Holiday resto

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well... I have moved forward little by little... been quite busy paying the bills... here are most recent pics... site says file exceeds 2.00 MB(whatever that means)... sorry... back to the grind...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Your pix are too big to upload, the size limit is 700KB

KB= Kilobyte
MB= Megabyte

1MB has 1000KB so your pix are nearly 3times too big.

Look at the details for the pix you are trying to post. Somewhere, no matter where the pix is stored when you look at the details (phone, lap/desk top, camera) there should be a listed size.

Welcome back

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Let Me try again... The motor is up as high as I feel comfortable with and the boat still is porpoiseing with almost no trim... the more I hit trim up the worse the porpoiseing... engine is still too low... it was much worse when first installed and I have lifted it 3 times now and got better each time...???

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
The dealer that installed the motor showed me what Honda recommended and had set the cavitation plate at the very bottom of the V... the plate is barely 1 inch above the bottom of the V now... Does anyone think that it needs to be higher???

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey Bill your pics aren't showing up on my end. An inch above should be fine or close enough.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
By the way... I 86d the diamond plate flooring and went with the 1/2 inch Meranti Marine plywood... I have installed but not hooked up the 12 gallon fuel tank under the bow(I wonder if the weight of 12 gallons under the bow will help out on the porpoiseing?) I still have to set and hook up the water separator... rivet the side panels in place and lay the carpet... I have glued 5/8s inch foam padding inside most of the boat to hopefully quiet the sound from the water and waves... with a little luck I will have it finished by spring next year if I have to remove the 5 inch spacer and replace the drive shaft and water tube and whatever else... if anyone has done this on a Honda I have a few questions..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
So you know photobucket has stopped 3rd party photo linking, not everyone has been effected yet but everyone will be. All my pics have been unlinked and I've switched to using OneDrive.

So you've been out running the boat and it porpoises.The problem with moving a fuel tank forward is that it will get lighter as you burn the fuel out. One thing I know of that will cure the issue are smart tabs.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I see the pix in posts 446 and 448, but Rob is right, Photobucket is getting out of the 3rd party pix hosting 'business'.. unless you pony up $400/yr. Yep, 400 annually.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Waterman... I can see the pics... what does that mean??? today the pics are gone... now my problem is how to get my pics stored on my computer to conform with this site(300 to 350DPI)... any help???

jbcurt00

Staff member
The pix are saved in your browsers cache memory, so you can see them. But they are now broken links as predicted.

Windows computer? Which version on windows, Windows 10?

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
can I somehow find and post them... I have them in my pictures but they are too big...

Tnstratofam

Commander
What I've done was create new folders on my computer that matched the folders I had on pb. Then downloaded the folders from pb to my computer. Then I have been uploading the pics back onto my threads. The pics you download back from pb are already sized correctly. For new pictures you will have to change the settings on your camera or phone's camera to take smaller resolution pics so they can be uploaded directly to the iboats server.

Watermann and some others are using one drive or flicker I believe which are other ways to post pics.

Here is a new sticky on what people are doing since the photo bucket debacle.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/othe...boaters-photobucket-recovery-suggestions-only

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
PB will not let me download to my pictures... it downloads an empty file???

Pusher

Lieutenant
If you have the pictures stored to your computer already you can just use some software to resize them.

On a phone, you can use something like the Photo Resizer App. I usually take pics on my phone, then resize with the app, then upload to the iboats server on te phone. Since my smart phone is too dumb to full size the pics in the forum I go on a desktop computer to click full size. While I'm at it I might download my phone's pictures down to the computers memory.

If you just havea camera, then you can probably resize with microsoft paint.

If you have a new computer I think you have to google how to search for MS Paint. It wasn't an app on my computer after upgrading to windows 10.

Tnstratofam

Commander
The file from pb is a zip file. When you open the file it should contain all your pics for that file however you will have to click on the pics to see them. instead open the file and highlight all the pics and move them to your new folder. You should be able to see the pics in your new folder.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I do have windows 10... I have had these new computers for 1 week... old computers were Vista... I have seen this "Drive" I also have office... my biggest problem is that I am not savvy when it come to "computer think"

dozerII

Admiral
I'll go with my original comments, the leg on that motor is way to long for the transom and has the fulcrum angle way to high. With the extra leverage the added height, is putting stresses on the transom it wasn't designed for.