74 Starcraft Holiday resto

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you look hard enough on the Pic above you can see my groovy new boat bunks... took too long but they came out Beautiful...

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
For the 5th and I hope final time I will set the rollers... my drill guide came today so once the rollers are done I can start on the transom... this should be interesting... I am still looking for someone with a router to edge my whiteboard for the rear of the stern... I'll Take pics... I truly am very happy to see this boat come together finally... I am dieing to see that new Honda on the stern... I have decided to go old school(OEM) on the top... white with red carpet...

jbcurt00

Staff member
why does my logo say petty officer 1st class and 2cnd class???
Just to keep ya busy doing both jobs ;) keeps ya outta trouble and staves off MBS, short term

Liked the red/white layout while it was turtled. Flipped wet side down, like it even more.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
how much should a new 18 foot trailer cost??? I will wait for December... with a lot of luck this one I have will hold up... previous owner welded 3 feet to the rear. does not show signs of compromise but I just don't like or trust it... I have a 14 foot deep and wide open with a 3.5 4 stroke merc to put on it... wonder what I can get for that...???

jbcurt00

Staff member
Here a basic 2 bunks and 1 bow keel roller galvanized trailer w 4.8X8s on white steel rims to fit a 14-16ft boat runs $700+ plus fees. Priced 1 a couple days ago.

$12-1500? W full size tires and single axle.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank You JBCurt00... I really do need a new trailer but money is tight so I will plan and wait for fall or winter... Thanks again...

will w.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's a fine truck Bill, many Ford truck enthusiast favorite body style.:love-struck:

The Holiday is looking good.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank You Will... I bought this new at the local Ford dealer in 75 for $6500.00 with a plow installed... I have made changes over the years but have saved every nut, bolt, screw, and part that I have removed... The engine is a 427 built by a local race shop who makes ford and chevy engines for Nascar... the truck has 19,000 miles on it... I just love old Iron... and now old Alluminum... the only option that was offered at this time was seat belts... which it has...

MNhunter1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Beautiful truck! I used to drive an '84 Chevy K10 longbed as a daily driver until I had kids. I really miss that old truck.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello MNhunter... I am a veterans services officer if you are a vet... I can help you with anything V.A. including bennefit$... I know the feeling you have about selling your truck... I let a mint 62 vet with both tops black & white with red interior go in 79 for $4250.00... I have been crying ever since...

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am in real need of help... I want to reduce the space that my splash well takes in the boat(2 feet) by 1 foot to 1 foot... My question is will the control cables that come through the front of the plash well still work??? can I put enough slack in them to work... My motor(BFP60 Honda) turns to 50 degrees instead of the useual 30 degrees??? PLEASE how can I get this question in front of the people who could help me??? 74 Starcraft Holiday 16 foot

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
My transom height from top of transom wood to the center of bottom V is 21 and 1/2 inches what size motor lower should I get... 20 inch or 25 inch??? I have already purchased a 25 inch Honda BFP60... am I going to have a problem with this??? it is not to late to change because I have yet to request shipment...

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Unless your planning on re-configuring your transom then your motor should be matched in inches according to your transom height....
so a 20" shaft length is what you need.
14950882916_0a1c8a2754_c.jpg

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank you NO-AH... I have read that transom height up to 2 inches over will work just fine... Do you concur??? Great visuals by the way...

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The rigging hole on the starboard side is for the steering but is large enough to accommodate control cables and wire bundle too. Or bore another rigging hole for those cables like my V5 has. It's all cleaned up now but I don;t have a newer photo of this area.

IMAG2694.jpg

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did not know that I could bring them in from the side... do you think that all would function alright and have space enough for the remote cables to allow the engine to turn and cables still function correctly in a 1 foot wide by the width of the boat(74 inches) Area... I have no idea how flexible the cables are... I will be purchasing the best shift and throttle cables Honda has to offer... I really want the extra room...

MNhunter1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hello MNhunter... I am a veterans services officer if you are a vet... I can help you with anything V.A. including bennefit$... .

Active duty USMC 1993-1998. 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn (Amtracks) and Marine Security Guard (MSG) duty in Uganda, Venezuela, and Brazil :usa2: