66 Starcraft Sunchief Re-Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 66 Starcraft Sunchief Re-Build

Your plans sound great. Trailers are such a pain!

Rickairmedic

Commander

NB looking forward to the winter portion of the resto on the Liquid Limo :D.

Rick

skarbownik

Cadet

Hi - you did a great job - I am new to this forum and have just purchased a 2009 Starcraft Fishmaster 196 and I am determined to put M80 Bennett tabs on it. You look very knowledgeable. The aluminum on the transom is .100 marine grade aluminum. I cannot get at the interior of the boat to through bolt it - I was considering putting on another aluminum plate and bonding it to the hull with JB weld or some other epoxy that would permanently bond the aluminum together. this way I could screw the tabs on with SS #18 screws as there would be enough material to hold the screws permanently in place. Do you or anyone else have any thoughts on this. Your assistance is appreciated.

PS: how do you post a new subject - I cannot figure this out although it must be dirt simple.

Thanks

North Beach

Commander

SB,
I don't know anything about that particular model of boat, but it's new enough that the folks at Starcraft should be able to help with your questions.

For new posts go here
http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
Then hit the tab near the top left that says Create New Post and you're in!

Hope that helps...

skarbownik

Cadet

It is not much different than yours - they really have not changed much - different hull designs but basically put together the same -riveted hull, plywood floor etc -- The gauge of aluminum is .100 - I just wanted to know if anyone has put trim tabs on an aluminum boat and NOT through bolted them.

I have no access to the rear transom area

Thanks

skarbownik

Cadet

here is a picture of the rear of the boat

Attachments

• 620 size.jpg
    620 size.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0

North Beach

Commander

Nik, I can't beleive you can't get to the inside of your transom. That sucks bigtime. You might want to post these questions over on the Starcraft forums.

luv boats

Recruit

Wow! I am speachless after reading the many pages and looking at all the pictures that North Beach has posted.. All I can say is GREAT JOB!!

I am a newbie on boating, and have much to learn.. Recently retired, and wanted a boat. I ended up buying three. 15', 16', and a 18' ll are project boats. I'm going to try to learn all I can from all the information I can gather here on the forums. Looks to be like there is a lot of good advice. :)

Last edited:

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I like that switch panel :cool:
I "should" quit looking at all of your guy's projects...all the cool idea's sure makes decisions much harder.

North Beach

Commander

Glad all you folks enjoyed this. And HSF, I still have the switch panel to do. Another 4" of snow forecasted for today:(

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

What do you mean by 'still have to do'? is not the one above what your using? Sorry, maybe I missed something.

sprintst

Commander

Where did you get that switch panel. That would be perfect for when I redo my dash.

North Beach

Commander

HSF, we have the one a few posts above, we just haven't installed it yet. If you go back and look thru the thread, you'll see we have a temporary one installed at this point.

Sprint, we had the panel made by this guy.

http://www.12voltguy.com/web/

We went to his site, saved three or four of his sample plates, did a cut and paste and sent him this

DASH-FINAL.jpg

This is what we got back

Switchpanel.jpg

there's another site you can go to and order the switch lights with symbols on them and swap them out so when they are on they show a different color.

bananaboater

Ensign

Where did you get that switch panel. That would be perfect for when I redo my dash.

NB, please excuse the encroachment on your thread, wanted to share my source.

I got mine at greatlakesskipper.com. They sell surplus items from manufacturers. Non returnable but they will credit towards another purchase. Had to return my first one but got great service. I will post a pic on my thread after I get the mounting board finished.

Albert

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

HSF, we have the one a few posts above, we just haven't installed it yet. If you go back and look thru the thread, you'll see we have a temporary one installed at this point.

OK thanks, I seen the other one, snow blindness must of threw me line of comprehending {lol}

sprintst

Commander

If I keep my original dash I can have him make up switch panels to fit.

I'd kinda like to have a dash setup made out of aluminum so I'll let you know what I can find around here to have it made up.

sprintst

Commander

Nice...

Pictures say a thousand words. You got exactly what you've pictured. I may send him pics of my switch panels to see if I should keep my setup.

North Beach

Commander

He's not cheap. But he makes a lot of stuff for off roaders and rock crawler guys and that stuff really takes a beating. All top notch!

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very impressive thread....
Does the friend of your son who owns the metal fabrication shop want to make Starcraft emblems for anybody else ?? Those look great!. Mine are trash.... could be a nice side buisness for this guy . There is a pretty big Starcraft following here from what I can tell.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=364174

Status
Not open for further replies.