64 Edinboro custom learn somthing new every day

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: 64 Edinboro custom learn somthing new every day

Thanks kfa !
About got the trailer ready ! :)
DSC01128_zps0a186c43.jpg

I need to find a set of rims . The pair I have do not match .. :mad:
I a decent set of used aluminum rims would be nice ..

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boy ! I wish my trailer looked that good! I have a long way to go with mine. You are going to have a sweet looking rig when you finish! I hope I'm too busy using mine to paint it for a while.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hopefully I can get mine busy soon ! LOL! Here she is back on the trailer .. :joyous:
DSC01138_zpsa89652aa.jpg

Still have to do some adjustments and add on,s ..

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just one word for it ... WOW!

Bet you can't wait to get it out in the Florida sunshine. Still mid 30s in PA.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Jump seats are pretty much done !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Got a lot done since my last post here ! Maybe we can wake some of the MFG brethren up with a splash video ! Here ya go !
Hey ! Where is my buddy Jon Sob ? Haven't heard from him in a while hopefully all is well ..:)

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

FABULOUS!!! I can only imagine how proud you are of your new "baby"! So much time and effort! Finally the reward! You must have been grinnin real big while shooting that video! Congrats! It looks great. That 90 seems to make her really fly! WOW!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Yep , she moves along pretty well ! It's so nice to actually be riding in her instead of sanding or grinding .. Here is a couple of pics at the ramp ..

Still need to do a few things like get the vinyl rub rail inserts and such and fab some mounting hardware for the hard top ..

D

Deleted member 340796

Wow, Sphelps what a sweet ride. You really did a great job. I am aww struck by the detail and craftsmanship of your project. VERY, VERY NICE WORK!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks AJ and glad you stopped by our MFG forum !:)

D

Deleted member 340796

Sphelps, how hot does that surface get while out in the sun? Would you be able to be barefoot on it? Not that I would go barefoot but that is the boss's reaction when I talked about doing the same. Hmmm, if you can gelcoat the floor wonder how hard it would be to roll the rest of the boat!!!!

edit: I am so impressed with your work that I had to go back and start rereading the whole thread. Now I think my next project might get me membership in the MFG club! :cool:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It stay's pretty cool but the white is blinding sometimes ..A lot of people roll gell coat on there decks but there are other options . I think Jasoutside just used a deck type paint from Behr he picked up at Lowes .. As far as rolling gell on the hull or cap . I think it has been done but most would recommend spraying . Ya have to put a lot of coats on to get to the thickness of a penny from what I understand . Then sand and buff to get it to shine ..
Btw , MFG made fine boats and you would be more than welcome to the club ! :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Edit dbl post

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

Hey Mark_VT .. Have you seen this ?
http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...1977-orrion-becoming-ocean-animal-599297.html
Was going to post on your hardtop thread but it had one of those 90 day red bars on the bottom..

Nope. I hadn't. That is interesting. Didn't like it at first, but then as it developed down I started to appreciate his tack a lot.

You prompted me to resurrect the hard-top thread. I have this 19' starcraft project: that is a better recipient for a hard top. The Niagara is so perfect a small boat, but for my fishing I think I have maxed out what I should do to it. I have two Group 29 deep cycles, electric downriggers, 9 rod holders, separate sonar and gps units, VHF, full-on stereo, two fuel tanks, cooler(for fishbox) and everything for repairs and whatever in the two watertight lockers I built. The boat is maxed out! I have determined that there will be too many compromises to make the mod on the Niagara worth it. Even with careful attention to visual details and immaculate design, the scale of a stand-up canopy just can't be made to look good in a sketch. So with all the compromises I think I have pretty much settled on not hard-topping the Niagara. If I find a suitable Edinboro, though- that will still be a little "tall" but it works out on paper. The scale isn't wacked out and it actually looks good.

Anyway, thank you for the thread. Definitely energized my mind, reminded me to start finding an Edinboro donor, and rekindled my fire to complete that Starcraft and paint it so it will be worth something in spring or just plain look good if I decide to keep it.

BTW- in the early morning hours some days, before reason and sanity are fully in grip :) I have imagined pulling lines off an Edinboro, scaling it up to 22', and framing moulds to make a "big" version of it. Although a glass-over-plywood boat will weigh quite a bit more than an injected moulded would. But a heavy boat rides soft in seas.

Now you have a vision into my warped mind and I have proven that I haven't yet grown up LOL

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Anyone out there ! Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend !!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looking good SP! Attract many gawkers w/ all that boat traffic?

Enjoy!

kfa4303

Banned

She's gorgeous SP!!!!! She must get all the attention at the dock. Where are those shots taken?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Looking good SP! Attract many gawkers w/ all that boat traffic?

Enjoy!
Yep , she does get a good bit of attention young and old .. The best one was when the G/W snuck up behind us I thought he was going to stop us so I slowed down a bit . He eased up next to us and they both gave us a big thumbs up then took off ..
She's gorgeous SP!!!!! She must get all the attention at the dock. Where are those shots taken?
This was at a place about 5 mins from the ramp I use . It's the Fort Goerge river also know as the FG Inlet . Just north of the mouth of the St Johns River ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Stranded on a sand bar .. Well sort of .