64 Edinboro custom learn somthing new every day

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
DSC01631_zps93fb2afb.jpg
[/URL]

You are killing me LOL

Love the bulkhead under the bow. Wouldn't work in mine as that is where the fuel tank is but looks awesome with the splashwell arrangement.

Last edited:

Reelbigfish

Recruit

Thank you sphelps! I`m not sure what year she is, but I think you have it pin pointed. Thank you for posting those pics! I don`t know much about this boat except it`s not too big and not too small :) I took it out for the first time last weekend but the motor that came with the boat did not have reverse and there is something wrong with the throttle, the motor wants to rind out in reverse but wont go wide open in forward. I have not looked too closely but will locate the problems and get it dialed in. It was still fun finally having it in the water. Now I`m siting here daydreaming I wish I were out on the lake or river at this very moment :)

frankw8855

Recruit
IMG_0167_zpsa4dc62fb.jpg Hi
I just bought this same boat two weeks ago . I live in the Tampa area. The boat is 1963 and in Good Shape with a Merc 50 HP on it that runs great. The Title Reads NJ HOME MADE ??? I am going to get Florida Wildlife to inspect it so I can change the Title. The MFG LOGO is gone but the outline was there. Do you know where I can get the Emblems for the Boat I can buy the Labels but I would rather have the metal ones. Can you Help me?

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for dropping in Frank ! I got a set of replacement emblems from member Mark42 .. They are made out of polyester resin .. You can send him a private message . It may take a while for him to respond . It took a few weeks for him to get my message but I'm sure he will get back with you . He was actually selling them on ebay for a while ..
Got any pics of your boat ? We love pics !! :)

frankw8855

Recruit
IMG_0248_zps49dd486c.jpg I did contact mark42 still no answer. pictures the day I bought it. I will be a while as I live in Florida and it rains every day, I have added new pull switches to the dash and new in dash Gauges, Fuel, volt, Speed, depth finder, compass, and I am now wiring them. new seats and a 12 gallon tank with thru the hull fill cap. repainting the Boat to.

Last edited:

frankw8855

Recruit
IMG_0253_zpsfcf147f8.jpg
IMG_0258_zps697e2c22.jpg

IMG_0257_zps57d3dacf.jpg

IMG_0259_zps8fd634d8.jpg I never did get a response and i can not find them anywhere (this is what the boat looks like NOW

So I bought a 1965 and I am hoping the emblems are good on it (see next post )

Last edited:

frankw8855

Recruit
this is what I bought and it runs I paid a Lot for this $0.99

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 0
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 2

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
She turned out great ! Nice job !
Shame the other deal fell through .. It had original steering wheel and seats ..
Where are ya located in FL .. I,m in J-ville ....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for dropping in LA ! Thanks for the complement ! This is the short version of my rebuild .. The long one is in the Restoration forum .. A lot of :blah: in the long one .. But it was a ton of fun doing it ! Looking forward to your restoration ! Take your time and have fun ! You would be amazed at all the attention you get at the ramps with these old gals !:cool:

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
... would be amazed at all the attention you get at the ramps with these old gals !:cool:

That's for sure. Now enough younger people are out there asking about mine and when they hear it is a 1964 they get this glazed look and stare at me like it came from the same era as Christopher Columbus.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey ! Anyone out there ? Whats shaking in MFG land !
Took the boat out yesterday ... My nephew and his fiancee came down from New York so we went out for a little ride ... Hope ya'll have been getting some boat time in with all the warmer temps lately !

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
I'm Jealous. I guess thats the price we pay for having I/O's... once they're winterized thats it for the season. I have such fond memories of my dads 17 MFG. If we had warm weather after the season just through the motor back on, flush with fresh water when done and spray some fogging oil in the old carbs and call it a day.:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Taz it's not the motor ya got but where ya live ... No such thing as winterizing down here .. ;)
In the 80's today but supposed to get in the 50's this weekend ...:joyous:

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
Your so lucky... Up here in New England we're lucky to get a 4 month season! :hail:

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Hey ! Anyone out there ? Whats shaking in MFG land !
Took the boat out yesterday ... My nephew and his fiancee came down from New York so we went out for a little ride ... Hope ya'll have been getting some boat time in with all the warmer temps lately !

Was re-lurking your build for some pic inspiration. It's been a long winter even if it's been "mild" by typical measure... I've got two boats I'm working on (my Edinboro and a 19' Starcraft) but there's just something about the MFGs that gets me.

Anything new on yours?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nothing new ... I did just have the motor serviced about a month ago .. Work has had me pinned down with really no extra time to take the boat out .. :cold:
I have been thinking on my seats though ... I think it would be nice to be able to take the bases out if I want for cleaning and maintenance .
Now I have them screwed down to a raised pad glassed to the deck .. I would like to come up with some kind of latch down clips that will hold them secure but allow me to unlatch and take the bases out if I want Without breaking out my offset drill to get at the screws ... That would really be nice for doing anything under the dash ... I'm not as limber as I used to be ....