25 foot 2004 Suncruiser Tritoon by Lowe

Ok guys I think I found my next boat but want some opinions first. I found a 25 foot 2004 Suncruiser Tritoon by Lowe with a 4.3 I/O. I know must of you like outboards better but I am partial to the I/O. The boat is clean and has 168 hours on it. I can pick it up with a trailer for 19. Is this a good boat? Im going to use it on Lake Havasu which can get rough and will probably be pulling kids in a tube and to entertain friends.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: 25 foot 2004 Suncruiser Tritoon by Lowe

19,000?

That sounds kinda high, especially with only a 4.3 in it, but may be right for your area.

Suncruiser was an OMC company as was Lowe, I believe they were purchased by Tracker after OMC went under.

They are pretty good boats, of coarse look it over well but it should do you well.

JWRoberts

Seaman Apprentice

I agree that the price is kinda high in today's economy. NADA doesn't list a 2004 Lowe's 25-foot boat. Ummm.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

19,000?

That sounds kinda high, especially with only a 4.3 in it, but may be right for your area.

Suncruiser was an OMC company as was Lowe, I believe they were purchased by Tracker after OMC went under.

They are pretty good boats, of coarse look it over well but it should do you well.

I don't think that Johnny Morris bought Lowe. They are still operating with Lowe and Landau next door to each other and Bass Tracker across I-44 from both.

Yep, just checked, after OMC, they were bought by Genmar, which was bought by Brunswick.

In my area that is a pretty low price, of course I dont think very many are selling. They were asking 23 then dropped to 21 which is what they owe the bank. They are willing to take 19 because they need to sell it. I guess the bank accepted 19. Only issue I have with it is there are no lifting strakes but it is a Tritoon. They claim 35 mph top speed, does that sound ok? Were suppose to go look at it tomorrow and its a 6 hour drive to get there.

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

35 sounds right. Not sure how loaded they were though. Just make sure you test drive it and make sure you like how it handles. Also be sure to get the maintenance records. Make sure the water pump, bellows ect are all in good condition and have been replaced.

Pulling the kids around will be no problem just remember when you load 10 people aboard she will run a little slower but that is true with any boat. I also think 19k is high but if you like it and it checks out go for it. A boat is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

Thanks for the info rrhodes, I was just told by the people who have the boat that they just had a major service done last season where the bellows were replaced the joints and a major service was done. Cost them 2000 so Im guessing its good. They have all records too so I will be able to see it for my self.