2024 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

briangcc

Commander
Sure wish we could have snagged Henry

Given the absolute clock cleaning the Bills received, I doubt a running back or punter or fill-in-der-blank alone would right the good ship Lollipop.

Happens each and every year. They do enough to get to the top, then buy into the hype and come crashing down to earth in spectacular fashion. Usually against a team they should handily beat. They seem to find a way to sink below the level of their opponent.

aspeck

Staff member
College top 25 teams went 11-7 in play this past week … tough week for the top teams … and Miami just barely pulled out the win.

aspeck

Staff member
It's Thursday, everybody ... double check your picks (I missed a pick somehow last week).

aspeck

Staff member
If the offensive line was intact, I would probably like it. Fields is a very sporadic passer. When he is on, he is good and when he decides to use his legs he is good. He makes a better running back or slot back than he does a quarterback. I believe Wilson is the better passer and in his younger days made good football decisions. But his legs aren't what they used to me and with the rag-tag offensive line because of injuries, he is going to have to run and avoid the rush. I am not sure he is able to do that very well any more. So, I am conflicted ...

FLATHEAD

Captain
Spec sums it up pretty good. They have to run him out there and see what pans out. They should avoid trying to stretch the field.

aspeck

Staff member
Just heard Tomlin say they are working Wilson with the 1st team some this week, but every week is a new week and a decision will be made by game time