2024 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

FLATHEAD

Captain
Old adage applies. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. On both sides.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Why 4 cops at a speed stop? Before any escalation? I think we all know enough about tyreek to assume he was bing flippant, but that went 0 to 100 way too quickly.

aspeck

Staff member
Official apologizes to T.J. Watt for botched call that nullified his strip sack in the first half.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If Tua doesnt make the decision to retire, Fins management need to keep him out of pads....

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
... plenty more opportunities for the Bills to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
That was one of my father-in-law's (RIP) oft-used expressions (our Family has been Buffalo sports fans (ya, even the Braves) for a long time). Thanks for reminding me of that Great Man! Not so much thanks for reminding me how much that expression fits for Buffalo sports teams

PS - if you're in Buffalo, I'd suggest going to one of the many local dives that have great food and people, not a chain

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
That was one of my father-in-law's (RIP) oft-used expressions (our Family has been Buffalo sports fans (ya, even the Braves) for a long time). Thanks for reminding me of that Great Man! Not so much thanks for reminding me how much that expression fits for Buffalo sports teams

PS - if you're in Buffalo, I'd suggest going to one of the many local dives that have great food and people, not a chain
As a 40 plus year chiefs fan, I feel the pain. Ditto on the food.

briangcc

Commander
I believe the words "unbelievably stupid" apply there as the kicker was known to be injured, and they had an open roster spot YET decided to not bring up another kicker just in case.

Then again, Daboll was on the Bills' staff before he got this gig so good luck with that Giants fans...

briangcc

Commander

All but the Bandits...and maybe the Bisons if the major league team isn't making a run. Sabres and Bills (Jills) are cursed to never win a championship. No Goal....Wide Right.... Might be all the wing endorsements?? Or the West Herr commercials??

WNY native. Lots of good joints out there. Just not many that can satisfy a family of 5 with boys at 12, 10, and 7 who aren't that adventurous with their tastes...yet.

Funny story...was in college in PA during the 90's superbowl teams. Economics prof offers up free cider and donuts if the Steelers beat the Bills that night. A few classmates look at me and say that they knew who I was rooting for. I answered "Yep, Steelers. I want my cider and donuts". They were surprised with my answer. Next day Prof had to cough up the goods as the Steelers won the previous night :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Actually we do, NFL and CFB has been combined this year....