2024 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Had him waiting in the wings.

briangcc

Commander
Reading some of the articles, it seems the Patriots built in the ejector seat for Billy a while back with Jerod's contract. Pretty smart. They just had to pull the handle and they were off and running with a new coach.

aspeck

Staff member
No surprise at all. He walks away having played one of his best years (not team, but he personally). He has lots of options for the rest of his life, so why continue with the punishment a lineman takes play after play. Good for him. Congratulations on a great career, Jason Kelce.

FLATHEAD

Commander
It’s being reported all over the media , but as of yet there is nothing really solid except that he told some teammates he would retire. Nothing from Kelce himself publicly yet. I hope this isn’t a case of the media running wild with half facts.
When it comes to centers he is one of the best that ever played the position. Great career! And his Super Bowl speech,,, Probably the best ever😀I remember watching it live, holy crow!!!

If you haven’t seen it. Here is a lot of it. Some of it was edited “language”

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm guessing Kelce was ticked and spoke from emotions after losing. It's not like players ever change their minds...

20240116_182950.jpg

FLATHEAD

Commander
Kelce said on his blog that he has not made a decision yet as to retirement. The Philly media circus does it again.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Kelce said on his blog that he has not made a decision yet as to retirement. The Philly media circus does it again.
Saw his interview. Got the feeling he did tell his teammates, but it was strictly emotions talking. He's backed down from that for now...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
^^^^^^^ Given the track record of the media with Kelce, we shall see....