2022 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Jets 3 1st round picks..... Lots of wheeling and dealing tonite...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yay ! We got Walker ! So much upside with 9 sacs in 3 years at UGA . Sigh…..
I really hope this guy is not a bust ..
Always hoping for the best !

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Is 9 sacks in 3 years considered good? Is that average per year? If so, that is good. Aiden Hutchison had 14 in 2021

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Vikes picked 2 tonight and gave it away to the Packers. So now they drop down 19 picks. I don't get it except I'm frustrated...

Wiread

Cadet
I think we did pretty well so far. He's big, long, fast ILB going to be paired with Campbell who was just your average vet until Joe Barry got a hold of him and he was 1st team all pro. I trust these guys know what they're looking for.

Everyone knocked Rashan Gary for his production at MI too and he's one of the most disruptive OLB's in the league now. One thing Gute and Co has shown is they're going for athletes and this guy is certainly one of them. 6'4" runs a 4.5 40. the middle of the field just got smaller and the passing windows teams used to find rather easily for TE's and crossing patterns just got a lot tighter. and he's not just fast for a big guy, his 3 cone drill for agility was over a tenth quicker than last years 1st rounder Eric Stokes who turned in one heck of a rookie season.

I dont' know if he'll be great or not, but if he gets the work part of it and can learn the NFL game, he's going to be an absolute stud with those attributes. I'm pretty happy with our picks so far overall.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Vikes picked 2 tonight and gave it away to the Packers. So now they drop down 19 picks. I don't get it except I'm frustrated...

The Vikings traded their first 2 picks to division rivals, as a Packer fan I like the vikings new GM.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yup!
I haven't seen Goodell today. All the booing must have got to him during the 1st 3 rounds....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We got a B- ..
Shoring up the defense was not a bad idea ..