2022 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

aspeck

Staff member
There you go ... the Vikes can pick up Bortles ...

Wiread

Cadet
not sure why not all games?

I think it is a great rule. Is it one each then sudden death?
I think it's a pacifying rule for everyone whining about the Chiefs and Bills game. In the grand scheme of things for me, OT isn't about equity or fairness or anything but declaring a winner. The game has been played, 2 halves have been completed to give each team a chance at each endzone, start with the ball, have the wind, sun etc in their favor. It was a draw.

Now, in the defining essence of football it's time to rise up against whatever is in front of you and win, or lose. It's all about confrontation and overcoming, or not.

So, over a decade ago, they determined that sudden death wasn't fair and made it so only a TD could end the game. OK, fine.

FF to today and now they've decided that after 10 or so possessions each, they're going to give each team just one more chance each, and then revert to a rule everyone determined was no good over a decade ago and call it progress.

I don't really care I guess, make the rules and play by them, but I don't see how this is "better", it's just different.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah i've often wondered about the 'two minute offence' If you can put your team in a mindset and game plan for a 'two minute offence' to score at the end of the game, why not the whole game?

aspeck

Staff member
Because a "Prevent Defense" is the best thing for a "2 Minute Offense" to ee across the line of scrimmage ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Then the offense marches down the field. Prevent, preventing a long td. So they take it in smaller chunks instead. Prevents don't make a lot of sense most of the time... imo

RGrew176

Commander
The prevent defense does only one thing. It prevents you from winning. So, you don't give up the BIG play just a lot of small ones. I absolutely despise the so called "prevent defense" it sucks.

aspeck

Staff member
Sounds like Haskins was on his way to the airport to fly back to Pittsburgh. Did his car run out of gas? Not sure why he was out of his car or if he was crossing the road, but he was struck by a dump truck. Crazy.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Vikes gave up their 12th pick to a division rival, Detroit. Uuuggghhh.... Bama WR William's. Great receiver. They got 2 picks in the top 12... Giants had 2 picks #5/#7....