2021 Tahoe T18 floor storage won’t drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williampg03

Recruit
I am losing my mind with this issue. Each time it rains the floor storage area fills with water. It has always since I bought it 4 months ago. I called Bass Pro and they told me to jam a hanger in it. I’ve tried multiple times. The water builds up and begins to smell. I have to use small buckets and cups to empty it. Does anyone know how to get this to drain?

undercover500

Seaman Apprentice
Have the same boat. There's nothing obstructing the drain? How are you storing the boat? If the bow is tipped down, any water would run to the bow and into that storage locker between the seats. Tilt the boat up with the jack so it's very bow high and then pour water in. If there's no obstruction, it should drain right out.

Williampg03

Recruit
No, nothing at all. I can stick a pole approximately 15 inches down it. I have it stored in the water, but even so, why would the water not drain to the bilge like all of the other areas do. Just the floor storage locker fills.

undercover500

Seaman Apprentice
No, nothing at all. I can stick a pole approximately 15 inches down it. I have it stored in the water, but even so, why would the water not drain to the bilge like all of the other areas do. Just the floor storage locker fills.
The bottom of that floor storage is basically in the bilge. My thought is that if the boat is sitting in the water, it might not have enough of an angle to drain out, meaning it fills with water from the bilge. Poor design yes, but that's all I can think of given that there's nothing blocking it. Can you trailer the boat out of the water and tilt up the trailer? I would try that and see if the water drains out.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not the same boat, but mine wouldn’t drain, I could poke the hole, nothing worked. I ended up poking from the engine room up fwd, then the debris came out and drained.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I am losing my mind with this issue. Each time it rains the floor storage area fills with water. It has always since I bought it 4 months ago. I called Bass Pro and they told me to jam a hanger in it. I’ve tried multiple times. The water builds up and begins to smell. I have to use small buckets and cups to empty it. Does anyone know how to get this to drain?
take it to the dealer and have them fix it if the boat is new and only 4 months old.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Keep those tubes clear of any debris.
If they clog, clean them out with a snake (plumber's or electrician's) or a wire coat hanger if it's long enough.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Keep those tubes clear of any debris.
If they clog, clean them out with a snake (plumber's or electrician's) or a wire coat hanger if it's long enough.
Yeah, even in a new boat there is lots of debris left over from manufacturing. I've had to take apart one sailboat that had a leaky diesel tank, located under the floor. The sawdust, cut off wire ends, small pcs of wood and other junk was what caused a spot to corrode trough. Others when installing electronics removing panels behind false walls have left over caulking tubes, wood plugs from drilling holes and other junk behind there. All that stuff makes its way to the bilge for the most part and plugs up the drains. So even a new boat doesn't mean it's clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.