2021 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

aspeck

Staff member
Not surprised that the Cowgirls picked Micah Parsons out of PSU with their pick. The Girls had a nice run with Sean Lee at Linebacker, another PSU stud, who announced his retirement a few days ago. So Micah replaces Sean.

Was surprised that PSU's defensive end, Jaysen Oweh, went in the first round. The kid has a lot of up potential, but has only been playing football since his junior year of high school.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like Trask is gunna go learn behind the G.O.A.T. in TB ..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Retire, come out of retirement and play for whomever.....🤔

aspeck

Staff member
GB picks up Amari Rodgers, wide receiver from Clemson, as their 85th pick. This way they have an A. Rodgers on the team, no matter what!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Darn it! Rodgers TD pass to Rodgers isn't in the cards!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congrats to our J-ville local kid Mac Jones ! Hope he does well with the Pats ..
Just not against us ..

Wiread

Cadet
Vikes traded their 14th pick to the Jets. They picked an o-line. What does the Vikes need, o-line... 🙄 Now they pick 23rd.... Ugh....
I think the Vikes had a pretty good draft. I never like to see that :)

I think Rodgers and GB get a new deal done and by after week 1 of the NFL nobody is really talking about it anymore. I don't get into all the talking heads in the NFL mostly because they're usually full of it and just like to hear themselves talk.

He wants to remain though i'm sure he's not exactly happy he doesn't have the financial commitment that says the packers won't move on in a year. Packers don't want to commit more money because it leaves the option to move on after this year. I can see both sides. He's not young, prior to last year he had a pedestrian season or 2 and dealt with some significant injuries. But I believe they will pay more because they have to. If anyone can hold a grudge, it's Rodgers LOL. But he makes the engine turn in GB.

Love isn't ready, Rodgers is clearly still one of the best, and they'll just have to hope he plays at this level for another 3 years. The next controversy will be what to do with Love.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not sure what to think about Rodgers. He seems to be pretty adamant about not playing for GB. The last thing he mentioned was possibly retirement. I can't see that happening, but you never know. Sit out a year and go to the team of his choice. Maybe the Vikes! Follow Favres footsteps. But Brett always wanted to play for the Vikes if he left GB. Idk, the Rodgers saga will keep things interesting during the offseason.... Fine by me if he left... 😁

WIMUSKY

Staff member
According to Yahoo Sports, Rodgers has an issue with Gutekunst and is adamant he will not return to the team under his leadership. Rodgers is reportedly willing to stay away from offseason activities, hold out of training camp and possibly even retire.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Terry Bradshaw doesn't pull any punches about his feelings on Aaron Rodger's demands ... interesting to listen to Bradshaw's take on this...
Couldn't agree more..... Aaron thinks he's bigger than the organization.... Paleeeease...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I never understood why Rodgers was upset about the Love draft last year. So the Packers didn't tell him their draft plans, where in his contract is draft pick approval?