2021 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

Wiread

Cadet
The biggest thing wrong with the NCAA and college sports was the NCAA making the money. College sports are almost dead to me at this point anyway so I'm probably biased. Used to love 'em, now I rarely watch or care much.

Even in DIII our good athletes were set up by people near the school with cush jobs and all sorts of food and clothing perks. They couldn't give scholarships.

as for why I don't think they should be paid? They aren't pro's. When they contribute to the best AT's, PT's, MD's, Ortho's, and invest in the state of the art training facilities and also pay for the best coaches to teach them and then build the multi million dollar stadiums in which to showcase their talents in front of an audience of millions thru lucrative TV endorsements every Saturday (or whatever day now) maybe you can convince me.

Until then the only thing wrong is the NCAA doing things like licensing their likeness to things like EA sports and profiting from them rather than the money going back into college academia and sports 100%.

IMO, there isn't really any other profession that is set up to more completely showcase someone than NCAA sports for their professional career.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nope. He screwed up by accepting gifts. The new ruling can't be retroactive... He had a great season, but........

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
our guy took a year off to help with the pandemic. For those that do not know, he is also a medical doctor - finished his degree while playing for us.

1625998119733.png

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Concept helmets vs real helmets.

Like concept cars that never turned a wheel on the highway.

aspeck

Staff member
Rodgers turns down a 2 year extension which would have made him the riches QB/player in the league ... guy wants out of the Bay even though he says he loves his team, his coaches, his back-up QB. It is only management that he dislikes because they apparently treat him as an employee instead of like an owner (even though he is an employee and not an owner).

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Rodgers likes everything about GB except everything else. What does he want management to do? Quit to please him?