2009 Mako 18 LTS Fiberglass Problems

muchniat

Recruit
This is a great boat, but I had a problem today with my center console slipped off it's mounting base and fell onto the deck. After looking at the way MAKO has adhearded the console to the mounting base, it looks like there was no fiberglass/epoxy in the groove that the console sits in or if the was it was not the correct amount.

Has anyone had this problem?

techtripp

Recruit
Re: 2009 Mako 18 LTS Fiberglass Problems

This is a great boat, but I had a problem today with my center console slipped off it's mounting base and fell onto the deck. After looking at the way MAKO has adhearded the console to the mounting base, it looks like there was no fiberglass/epoxy in the groove that the console sits in or if the was it was not the correct amount.

Has anyone had this problem?

Yes - I have a 2009 18 LTS as well and my center console came sliding and flopping off this weekend. I maintain this vessel with particularity and was quite saddened that this has occurred. I contacted my Tracker dealer today and am waiting on a call back. Also, there is a recall on the EZ-Loader trailer to upgrade the axles. I just received this notice the other day in the mail.

This boat is great other than these issues.

techtripp

Recruit

Yes - I have a 2009 18 LTS as well and my center console came sliding and flopping off this weekend. I maintain this vessel with particularity and was quite saddened that this has occurred. I contacted my Tracker dealer today and am waiting on a call back. Also, there is a recall on the EZ-Loader trailer to upgrade the axles. I just received this notice the other day in the mail.

This boat is great other than these issues.

As a follow up they are reattaching the center console under warranty. My boat also weighed heavy and as a result is under the trailer recall. They are providing a new axle, tires, brakes, and tongue. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Just sad to not have the boat this weekend!

techtripp

Recruit

As a follow up they are reattaching the center console under warranty. My boat also weighed heavy and as a result is under the trailer recall. They are providing a new axle, tires, brakes, and tongue. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Just sad to not have the boat this weekend!

Additional follow-up they fixed everything under warranty and even upgraded the courtesy lights to LED.

The center console was originally not attached with any screws! :eek:

They put in about 9-10 screws all around and sealed everything up nice and tight. Haven't had any other issues since.

Another thing - make sure you get a 1.5" plug for the floor. The scupper valve doesn't always close right and it will start letting water on to the deck. After we get done netting our bait I pull the plug from behind the cooler, drive for a minute to let the water drain and then plug her back up.