2005 Yamaha 200 Four Stroke Reving Problem

dc1

Cadet
put my 2005 yamaha 2000 4 stroke in for a 100 hour service. here is what they did

Compression Test - Good (140-155 psi)
Spark Check - Good
Lube
Check Faults on Computer - No error codes

Change:
Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Impeller
Gear Oil
Spark Plugs

heres the problem. the motor runs fine under 3900 rpms. anything above 3900 the engine will start bogging, but continue to stay around 3900 rpms.

took it back to the shop and they told me the VST filter is clogged. had the techs cleared it up.

took the boat out again and this time it will go up to 4200 rpms and do the same thing. let the boat sit for about an hour and start to head back. the motor ran fine and we took it up to about 5400 rpms. did one more run around the harbor and the problem came back. would not go past 3900 rpms.

please help......

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2005 Yamaha 200 Four Stroke Reving Problem

you still have a fuel restrition someplace that wont allow enough gas to the cyl, maybe clogged ingectors,clogged VST ,dunno.
only proper testing WITH the correct equipment and a bit of understanding can find it.
tests should take less than 30 minutes.

dc1

Cadet

i'm still having problems... anyone with any other ideas?

Eshaw150

Petty Officer 1st Class

make sure ur not sucking air

do u have an external feul water separator

robert graham

Admiral

like Rodbolt said, probably a fuel delivery issue. check some of the simpler, more obvious things starting at your fuel tank pick-up check valve, fuel lines, primer bulb, fuel/motor quick disconnect fitting on front of motor, fuel pump. Good Luck!

dc1

Cadet

make sure ur not sucking air

do u have an external feul water separator

yes... i have an external fuel/water separator. i will check tomorrow i'm not sucking air.

dc1

Cadet

like Rodbolt said, probably a fuel delivery issue. check some of the simpler, more obvious things starting at your fuel tank pick-up check valve, fuel lines, primer bulb, fuel/motor quick disconnect fitting on front of motor, fuel pump. Good Luck!

pick up hose - check
fuel lines - replaced
primer bulb - will check tomorrow
fuel/motor quick disconnect fitting on front of motor - not sure but will check tomorrow
fuel pump - will check tomorrow

going to clean fuel injectors tomorrow. will let you guys know the outcome

louisp

Cadet

pick up hose - check
fuel lines - replaced
primer bulb - will check tomorrow
fuel/motor quick disconnect fitting on front of motor - not sure but will check tomorrow
fuel pump - will check tomorrow

going to clean fuel injectors tomorrow. will let you guys know the outcome

How did you clean your injectors? I had similar problem on '05 F115, f/w seperator was saturated. Ended up replacing everything from tank to motor and cleaned out filter on motor (which your 100 hour service should have checked). Was it doing this before 100 hour service?

dc1

Cadet

How did you clean your injectors? I had similar problem on '05 F115, f/w seperator was saturated. Ended up replacing everything from tank to motor and cleaned out filter on motor (which your 100 hour service should have checked). Was it doing this before 100 hour service?

hook the fuel line to an aux tank and ran fuel additive. for the results... didn't work. going to take the boat to another authorized yamaha service dealer tomorrow.

very frustrating.... i wish i had hair to pull off.........