2-line pressure tank question

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
The rub is likely the coils heels out too far. Usually the case there.

As you know, rebuilding the tank top will fix the leak issue, with a new diaphragm.

Once its running, keep pumping the button on the tank top. Will this allow it to keep running?

OMCfan

Seaman
Hello High Trim. I pulled the flywheel and moved the coil heals in just a bit as I could see whee there were rub marks and that seems to have improved things.

I took the pressure tank apart and the diaphragm was pretty crusty. I ordered a rebuild kit and will install it when it arrives. I did not get a chance to pump the primer when it was running as it would die too soon plus I already had gas all over the place so I was running out of rags.

What kind of sealer would you recommend for using on the diaphragm where the primer shaft goes through? I have gasket sealant and red gasket maker on hand.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
I always use my 3M 847. If you work on older motors, it is worth getting a tube of. Use for sealing gearcases, impeller plates, crank cases, many different uses. If you are just going to use it for this particular use, likely not worth it. A fuel proof sealant should work here.