1st Annual Cellar Dweller Meeting(Come on people)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1st Annual Cellar Dweller Meeting(Come on people)

SS, I have to tell you a little story about me and bubba.<br /> <br />For years I have been searching for the almost unobtainable, a boat that will do 60mph+. <br /> <br />As some of you know, I bought myself a new boat, with a 150hp Mariner Magnum on it. I had been secretly doing things to modify the set up to pass 60mph as it was stuck at 58mph. <br /> <br />Well once this was done, I planned a fishing trip with Bubba, whom I had met at a the forum. Bubba had not been informed about the new boat. <br /> <br />I set off early for this fishing trip to get there early enough to obtain the "Fastest boat on the lake title" before Bubba got there. <br /> <br />Anyhow....I was out and about looking for victims to race for a couple hours..and doing quite well for myself. I had gone 5 for 5 and was still licking my chops and wondering why Chrysler ever made a 55hp. <br /> <br />I slow as I enter the NOWAKE zone and notice a 12ft aluminum with a 6hp Johnson on it. <br /> <br />That has to be Bubba. <br /> <br /> <br />I wave at Bubba who is anchored while he casts. <br />Bubba nods back. <br /> <br />The signal..thats the signal to race, I can't believe he is challenging me. I am getting really excited. Finally a challenge, <br /> <br />Why is this a challenge you ask? <br /> <br /> Bubba has been known to run his engine at a Higher Rpm than the engine is rated for, increasing the speed. <br /> <br /> <br />I pull up a little closer reving my engine up and down. Bubba calls out "Howdy Ace", but over the reving of my engine,it sounded like "fancy a race". <br /> <br />He is taunting me, runs through my mind. Maybe I should give him a sample of how this baby performs. <br /> <br />No sooner has this thought entered my mind, I crank the wheel and gun the throttle. <br /> <br />10,20,30,40 Mph...I glance over to the shore and see people waving at me. <br /> <br />I wave back and smile to myself with glee, I mumble to myself, wait till they see me hit 60+mph. <br /> <br />I look over my shoulder to see how far back Bubba is and whether or not he is still rocking back and forth from my wake. <br /> <br />To my surprise Bubba is hot on my tail. <br /> <br />My jaw drops open. That ^%$^% boat tech must have souped up Bubba's 6hp. I mutter to myself. <br /> <br />Lets see how far behind he is once I hit 60mph. <br /> <br />The throttle gets pushed the rest of the way to WOT 50,60,62mph. Muwahahahahahaahhaah can be heard as I am zipping down the lake. <br /> <br />I again look back over my shoulder..gack...62mph and he is still there. Wow..that guy must know his stuff. <br /> <br />All of the sudden a loud CRUNCH is heard. <br /> <br />My boat comes to a quick halt. I must have hit something I say to myself, while looking over the side of the boat. Hmmm...no rocks. I tilt up the engine and find a rope entangled around my prop. <br /> <br />Meanwhile Bubba pulls up along side of me and says. <br /> <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />You about done pulling me around the lake by my anchor line?<br /><br />Now do what you think is best SS. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I think I remember that episode! :D <br /><br />September is a bit away yet, but I will be down for sure. That will give me time to prepare my first aid kit! :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Just bumping this up just to let people know, It's still on

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

:D :D :D Yippeeeee!!!!! We will be there for sure!

crab bait

Captain

that's a great story ,SPINNER..!! <br /><br />i bet the CELLAR DWELLARS campfire is full of 'um..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Great SS. Can't wait to meet you and for you to meet BubbaKat. What a hoot he is.<br />EDIT: Meant that in a nice way Bubba. :eek:

gonfishn

Commander

Count me in I think....Problem being I probaly will have to sleep in boat..Unless there are cabins and I dont do the ground thing do to age and weight...Would need help getting back off of ground.. :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Jeff if you can't get up off the ground, how do you have the strength to pull out one of those big gators? :p :D

Trent

Captain

Going to meet ChaosDad in Alabama and then swinging up to Center Hill Lake in Tn to meet up with bubbakat and gonfishn.<br /><br /><br />Where at in Alabama SBN??

bubbakat

Captain

Jeff I have a big air mattress and do I need to bring my boat.<br />SS if you want to fish with me I keep plenty of gas in my boat it was just the tank that was about dry that day. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Trent:<br /> Going to meet ChaosDad in Alabama and then swinging up to Center Hill Lake in Tn to meet up with bubbakat and gonfishn.<br /><br /><br />Where at in Alabama SBN??
Pleasant Grove Trent.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Uh Oh? :confused: Now I'm a bit confused. Is it at Grayson Lake Ky, or now Pleasant Grove AL ? My understanding that it was in Kentucky. <br /><br />I got to thinking also, maybe some of our iboats friends are not sure who the Cellar Dwellers are. To the best of my knowlede a Cellar Dweller are those that hang out in Dockside Chat only to venture to other parts of the forum once in awhile. <br /><br />I'm begining to think that the hardest part of vaction is planning for it. :eek: At least there is still lots of time.

bubbakat

Captain

Its in ky ss at grayson lake.<br />Whats to plan throw a little money in the hip pocket and load the truck and head to destination.

eeboater

Commander

Hmmm.. dang, that would be a fun to meet up with you guys. But 516.6 Miles is a looooooooong drive :D <br /><br />Sean

gonfishn

Commander

Bubba..I will bring the boat if you will bring the air bag...Agree with Bubba whats 500 miles I do 400 plus when Bubba and I hook up..<br /><br />Lets put it this way on us Cellar Dwellers(sore Point) with us old timers here?At one time a member here said they should get rid of dockside cause we werent worth the headcache..There was a war of words on that one..Now where did that thread go..lol<br /><br />Lol at SS Mayfloat..Yea your right..I got room in my boat for three..Bubba being the guide :D One left for you SS..What a crew that will be..You Bubba and myself in one boat :eek: Promise I will leave Stinkbait at home :D ...<br /><br />Now I got to find a couple of pooter Poles...Although some of my lumber will be there to..

SpinnerBait_Nut

SS, please have life insurance paid up before you launch with GF. :p

KaGee

Admiral

Hmmmmm.....Trying to figure a way. <br /><br />Any wives going??

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Hmmmmm.....Trying to figure a way. <br /><br />Any wives going??
Yea KG, mine will be there and I think SS's is coming along also.

ndemge

Commander

Man that would be fun, first I've seen of this thread.<br /><br />440 miles each way for me. Would love to, but think we will wait till emily is a bit older, long trip for a 1 year old.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey Noel, thats what grandma is for! :D <br /><br />As for the distance? uh I got the "Get Outta of this State Syndrome" going on! Its not going to matter for the distance for me.<br /><br />It would be nice to meet you to KaGee. I've had times where gonfishn was in my town, but my job kept me away from the lake. This time is for sure. Just seems weird two Buckeyes finally meeting and it being out of the state.<br /><br />I saw the pic of Spinners new boat,,,,,,sorta scares me. I'm not use to going over 25 on the water.. :D :p