1998 Cruisers Rogue 2420 re-gel and interior

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ball Buster but he does some nice work and always provides great info. Just saying. ;)

southkogs

Staff member
Maybe a few more lights?
p72a-1024x521.jpg

... Just playin'. It looks sharp. Can't wait to see it on the water.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Maybe a few more lights?
p72a-1024x521.jpg

... Just playin'. It looks sharp. Can't wait to see it on the water.

there will be the red lights for when under-way, and the RGB multi-colored lights for when anchored and drinking........

I did add:
dock lights
aft step lights
aft swim lights
bilge work lights

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i like my red lights at night, when under way, but the white led i put beside them really light it up when docked :)

Scott Danforth

Staff member
My upholstery guy will swing by at 6am....... Going to add a bit of grey. Originally there were Grey kick panels that the Admiral and I decided to remove.

Pictures when the skins come back

Scott Danforth

Staff member
side consoles done...... and more in the main thread.

0125201156_resized.jpg0126201537_HDR_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 0126201759_resized.jpg
    0126201759_resized.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 3

Scott Danforth

Staff member
he just had to add the grey on the bottom (since he cut the panels a bit short in the first place)

I had everything else ready to go. however keeping the style-line straight while pulling vinyl is challenging.

tonight I fasten the panels, then move on to putting EVA on the floor.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well good luck with the panels of course and looking forward to your review of the eva.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
he just had to add the grey on the bottom (since he cut the panels a bit short in the first place)

I had everything else ready to go. however keeping the style-line straight while pulling vinyl is challenging.

tonight I fasten the panels, then move on to putting EVA on the floor.

Looks and fits just fine.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
some words of wisdom....

the original wood in the side bolsters lasted from 1987/1988 when they were first done thru to about 2016-2017 when I pulled the panels for the restoration. the wood was simple marine plywood.

the interior was re-done about 2008-2010 time frame by the prior owner. however who ever did the foam took a lot of shortcuts (like not re-piping)

what failed was the wood simply delaminated over the years with exposure to florida heat and humidity. the glue joints failed at the wood side

the new wood panels are ACX, that I encapsulated in poly cloth and resin for the smaller panels and side consoles that I did in the 2017-2018 time frame.

the newer panels I did a few weeks ago were encapsulated in WEST 105 epoxy. with the exception of some of the small panels that are decorative only (no structural requirement) that I did in PVC foam panels

these should last until I am pushing daisys

putting staples into the fiberglass coated panels can be a challenge. if the staples dont go in straight, they will curl around and poke thru the vinyl at you

I am using Arrow T-50 staples with a pneumatic gun and my 35 year old manual staple gun where the pneumatic one wont fit

I am using monel staples as the stainless staples will rust in salt air.

a box of monel staples is only 1000 staples. I have gone thru 3 boxes of 3/8" 1/2 box of 1/4" and 1/2 box of 1/2". at nearly $22 per box of 1000, that gets pricey considering I have only done the dash panels and the side panels so far. yes stainless staples are cheaper. however they would rust and leave rust trails.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I have heard of fiberglass staples. All said and done good for the next couple of generations.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
scott the pm is acting silly did you get it?

got part of it. that !@#$%@#$!@#$ footer that has been a PITA for the past 6 months is simply flashing like crazy. yes, my EVA doesnt have the "caulk lines" did that for a reason. I own a router and can make my own. my question was on the PSA adhesive and if you thought I would need to add a neoprene contact cement due to the mild amount of non-skid

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I would because you know that's some skimpy glue lol very thin , it works but i didn't feel secure in just using that, like the idea of routering yourself, bet a cnc would be neet to use with some graphics?
as far as glue type id go with urethane type floor glue , neoprene glues seem to have issues with heat? pricey but i know i have had issues with headliners and that type of glue in boats, seems only certain types can handle the heat.urethane is waterproof and pretty much permanent imho
henry-wood-laminate-adhesives-12235-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
if I was going to do that, I would simply use 3M 4000 UV..... much easier to apply with the caulk gun,

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
figured a notch trowel was how i did it it seemed to work pretty well ill see what you come up with, cause i will be using eva on the whaler :)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Scott, The PM feature is Messed up soooo, contact Archbuilder and he can give you my Private email. Don't want to post it here. I'll be more than happy to assist with your upholstery project any way I can. Ive been doing a LOT of Upholstery work lately but....Mostly furniture NOT boats.