1998 Cruisers Rogue 2420 re-gel and interior

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i would have loved to use duratek on this wailer bottom, but i was told not to use it under water, so raptor liner it is :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i relooked it up, they say add wax if below waterline so not sure maybe it can be used on hull

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Read the link you provided and it appears that thinning really has more cons than pros.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Read the link you provided and it appears that thinning really has more cons than pros.

for what I am using the epoxy for, I could thin it 10% and it would still be good. original wood lasted 30 years prior to the glue giving out between the layers....... so If I get double the protection compared to nothing........ the boat will out-last my kids

oldrem

Commander
Dang Scott - just read through what was involved to do your gelcoat job. Don't think I'd ever have even half the patience for a job like that. I'm in awe

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Dang Scott - just read through what was involved to do your gelcoat job. Don't think I'd ever have even half the patience for a job like that. I'm in awe

Now ya did it Eric!

OIP.AYNre3fz26Vxv0I0JX9xewHaE2

Scott Danforth

Staff member

thanks. for those that plan projects like this...... bribe the admiral....... a lot.......

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Need to start on the cabin shortly...... Currently have ugly beige 70's / 80's RV material for the cabin upholstery.

The floors have beige carpet, and a beige/light grey fuzzy headliner.

looking at charcoal ottertex for the interior upholstery

https://www.fabricwholesaledirect.c...-BR1Xp9ecXKPw4NnYYKX2NzGY-pp9X5xoCQYAQAvD_BwE

will be replacing the carpet, may go with EVA as well.

Need to redo the headliner. Current material was glued to the cap during construction in late 1987

Going to make upholstered headliner panels

Any and all recommendations welcome
​​​​​​​

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
if making panels go with pvc board it holds screws and staples well and glue sticks to it as well , and yeah eva would be sweet but was yours like mine and carpeted the side walls as well or they have material there?