1997 Trophy 2509

TexMojo

Seaman
Hello, new to the forum and a new trophy owner, I was wondering if anyone on here has a 97 2509? I am trying to troubleshoot some minor problems and it would help greatly to talk with someone who has been there. Thanks, TM

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 Trophy 2509

Welcome! always grat to have a new member . Sorry I don't own what your looking for but state your concerns...maybe someone will be able to help. And if you can, post a pic of your pride and joy!

TexMojo

Seaman

Thanks for the warm welcome. Here is a pic. Still trying to troubleshoot some gremlins, but I have already had it out four times and it does a fine job. Just got to track those gremmys down.

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sweet lookin ride! good luck with her

TexMojo

Seaman

I still think I got a good deal but these gremlins are playing a toll on me. It has to be in the wiring, my downrigger connections are not getting power, fuses are good, etc. baitwell pump quit on my last time out, bow nav lights are inop, replaced the switch, no help. raw water wash down, that one I don't get. I see the switch to allow it to draw water but see no power button, how does the motor know to switch on? Well, newbie here so please allow me to be dumb for now. Anyone on here from the Seattle area?

JohnQ-FWB

Seaman

I still think I got a good deal but these gremlins are playing a toll on me. It has to be in the wiring, my downrigger connections are not getting power, fuses are good, etc. baitwell pump quit on my last time out, bow nav lights are inop, replaced the switch, no help. raw water wash down, that one I don't get. I see the switch to allow it to draw water but see no power button, how does the motor know to switch on? Well, newbie here so please allow me to be dumb for now. Anyone on here from the Seattle area?

What kid of downriggers do you have, because I suspect Cannons. I also have Cannons (MiniMags) but converted them over to Scotty (Hella) style plugs because of "Gremlins." Mine started to go up and down all by themselves. I "checked" the fuses also and got a light with the 12 volt tester. But the fuse was really blown ad mositure in the fuse holder was providing the "Bridge Across" the blown fuse. Cannon (old style) wiring sucks big time. Go to the BOC site photo albums, page 5 and look at my pics (JohnQ) and you will see the Hella plug conversion. Haven't had a problem since.

TexMojo

Seaman

Thanks, I'll take a look at your photos. I have two scotty 1106s on my other boat and I could just use them but I also have four canon elect. minimags and the trophy is already wired for two of them so I may stick with them. Update, the wiring looked good overall but there was some corrosion around the grounding plate and just about everyother connection. Got most of it cleaned up and I know have DR power. Still no nav light, and fishwell pump is still out. It works, just needs rewired. Think I found a leak inside the cabin now. LOL