1996 Polaris SLT 780

alldodge

Staff member
None of the above. When ridding I'm using my thigh's to hold on like you would on a horse. My feet have no chance of hanging on to anything. It just needs to be something that my feet won't slip on when standing or walking

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Some updated pics so far...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I have the padding and seat left to do.. Im pretty proud of the glove box, originally I went all seafoam, but then decided to do a fade to grape. I drilled the rivets out on the glove box, and all we had were 1/4 rivets, so I drilled out the holes for that.. then noticed we did not have a 1/4 rivet nose piece... DOH! -- had to fill holes and redrill for 3/16 -- what a mess

alldodge

Staff member
Its coming along pretty nice, the old girl is getting her bling on

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
So a million staples removed on the seat, Im concerned about the front edges of the foam. The old material had ripped where the plastic seat meets the material. I'm wondering if I need to repair this foam at the edge, or just not attach the material so tight.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know, have done some upholstery work, but not that much

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Ok so.. I filled with oil, and I also put in premix (to see if oiler worked). Its apparently working as oil level dropped.
Now, from a stop, if I just gas it, it wants to bog.. but if you feather the throttle to get it going, it will finally take off quickly.
Is it because Im running double oil?
If the oiler is working, should I just run fuel, or should I block off oiler and run premix?

alldodge

Staff member
If oiler is working correctly there is no need to premix, but the question is, does it working correctly? If the oil is dropping quickly it might be doing to much, but you should see a lot of smoke . When in doubt, I would just premix

Normally bogging is to much or to little fuel, but get the oil right first

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Trying to set carbs after cleaning and the stock high is 1 1/4 p 7/8c 1 1/8m and low is 1 3/8 across the board. All 3 lows were at 1/4 and the high has a knob that will not allow for more than 1/4 turn????

Attachments

• photo301040.jpg
    photo301040.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
How much oil should it be consuming? I'm not sure my oiler is working . I've ran about 13 gal of gas and the oil level hasn't dropped much