1996 Polaris SLT 780

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I may pull each hose, one at a time.. note size and length and slip back on.. that way I dont get confused about routing location

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I just changed the fuel lines on my ski last week, one at a time. Pull line, cut to length, re-attach using stainless clamps. whole process took about 1 hr.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I bought a 10ft roll for 32.00 -- Used 5ft of it to do all 3 carbs, the IN on my fuel pump. There is another hose on my fuel pump that leads under the motor.. for the life of me I cannot get the hose clamp off

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
That may be your pulse line. If there are no cracks in there, I wouldn't worry about it. Just air in there, no fuel.

Don't forget the lines going from the tank to the selector switch. There should be 2 one for on and one for reserve. Don't mix them up as the reserve draws from a lower point in the tank to get you back to the dock. There is also a line going from the selector to the carbs. While its apart, clean out the selector, gunk can get trapped in there.

I didn't worry about my vent lines, they looked good and theoretically shouldn't have fuel going through them. I wasnt having any venting issues so I left them alone.

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I get a week off from working on boats, 112 degrees... Heat stroke! Hospital visits, fluid in lungs.. Internal temp was 105.2 --- Now I'm off longer, slowly, slowly, slowly trying to work on this.. Had a great weather week, but stuck in doors.. I need to start posting some pics of this thing.. BTW -- I think I cut my trailer tongue too short.. The ski is 10ft, and I have to back my suv into the water to launch it. No room for box up front. May add 18" back to tongue.

alldodge

Staff member
That heat comes up quick on you, go to hear your doing well

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Bought a new coupler.. the tongue length I cut off is about 2ft longer than what I left attached. So Im going to remove whats there and weld on the old cut off piece. Woot

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Indeed. Got that all worked out.. and here's a tip... Never weld by yourself if you are wearing jeans with frayed ends. My leg and foot started getting hot... Flipped up helmet and saw an inferno LOL!

Attachments

• 20180805_114617.jpg
    20180805_114617.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Another weld tip, is have your arms a neck covered while welding. Was doing a bunch and got sun burned, and small chain around my neck burned

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Ok, so I created another thread, but got 0 responses... This Polaris has full padding for the feet, etc... my neighbor's polaris is the same, but his yamaha has pad at the back and grip tape up front for the feet... I will be wearing water shoes while riding.. If you had the option, would you go full pad or pad in back, grip tape up front?

alldodge

Staff member
I like full pad, this way you can be bare feet or water shoes

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Is there any difference in how it is to ride? Do your feet "need" to grip to ride? Does it help your stability?