1995 Mercury 40hp 2 stroke- It Cranks, Has Spark & fuel. Won't start!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Using a wrench or socket ratchet and plugs removed you should be able to turn flywheel easily!! If not, you have a seruius problem. Arevyou able to pull the head off ??

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Using a wrench or socket ratchet and plugs removed you should be able to turn flywheel easily!! If not, you have a seruius problem. Arevyou able to pull the head off ??
Airshot, You hit the nail on the head with That statement!! Emagine my #@*% Surprise when I found Chunks of my Stator jamming up Everything! But a new one on order and I'll probably get back with you & all somewhere around the November 24 Elections! lmbo. Thanks to all Again. (I'll be back)

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Airshot, You hit the nail on the head with That statement!! Emagine my #@*% Surprise when I found Chunks of my Stator jamming up Everything! But a new one on order and I'll probably get back with you & all somewhere around the November 24 Elections! lmbo. Thanks to all Again. (I'll be back)

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Is there any Cross Reference or new flywheel part #276-823760 CI?
The motor SS is OG267766. I can Not find Anything on either number!

Attachments

• Inside .jpg
    Inside .jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 5

jeepinandy58

Cadet
Thank You Mr. Scott. I'm in the process of that now. Surprisingly when I pulled the large fuel/water separator (oil filter looking) it was crystal clear fuel. However going to continue with y'alls recommended tips. Thank you Sir and all others with their help. This forum is excellent! And the timely response is amazing. Again thank you all.
Hogs, I'm a rookie here too, just want to add my agreement this form is awesome. One of the things I like is no one makes you feel stupid for questions that are probably routine for them!

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Hogs, I'm a rookie here too, just want to add my agreement this form is awesome. One of the things I like is no one makes you feel stupid for questions that are probably routine for them!
Amen Jeep. "like is no one makes you feel stupid" If that was the case I would have gone down in Flames! lol! Good Luck Jeeps. lot of good advice & people on this Forum.

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Well. I'm Back. New Flywheel, New Stator. No Spark! Seems to be out of time. However this engine has a Stationary Trigger, it doesn't move. How in the heck can you Time It ?? I haven't changed the Trigger assembly yet. Again Thank you in advance for your knowledge! Hogs.