1991 MonArk Legend 1800 FS

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 1991 MonArk Legend 1800 FS

Sschefer as I said in my thread :D the lettering looks great on her :D.

Rick

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW! I had no idea what I've been missin'. I'm glad to hear you went with the E-Tec, and the story sealed the deal for me. You know my plan was to put a 115 E-Tec on my project, so this did for me. I'm sold. I can't wait.

I put my restore on the far back burner until I get the house done. I've been dreaming again, so I checked in to do some early researchn for my material list. Glad I did.

BTW-You refered somebody to me about those seats. I said I would give them to him free and never heard from him ever again. I guess it sounded too good to be true.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

WOW! I had no idea what I've been missin'. I'm glad to hear you went with the E-Tec, and the story sealed the deal for me. You know my plan was to put a 115 E-Tec on my project, so this did for me. I'm sold. I can't wait.

I put my restore on the far back burner until I get the house done. I've been dreaming again, so I checked in to do some early researchn for my material list. Glad I did.

BTW-You refered somebody to me about those seats. I said I would give them to him free and never heard from him ever again. I guess it sounded too good to be true.

Good to hear from you. I'm on the lake fishing right now and sending this from my cell. I catch up with you when I get back next week sometime.

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool. Hook a hog!

Yeah that E-Tech story was encouraging. I'm still day dreaming of the day.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

SS post some pics of your catch from the other day!

lets see some big bass! (or a stringer full of walleye) lol
Nice work on the decals!

Rock on!

sschefer

Rear Admiral

SS post some pics of your catch from the other day!

lets see some big bass! (or a stringer full of walleye) lol
Nice work on the decals!

Rock on!

Hey, cool tunes.. I think I'll rip a ringtone. I'll bet that would turn some heads at the next board meeting..:rolleyes:

Fishing was great. Didn't really fish much, spent more time just being with friends and taking a much needed rest. Spent some time working out with my Sage fly rod but I guess you have to actually hit the water in order to catch fish that way. They sure weren't climbing up onto the beach where my fly kept landing.

I'm heading up to my favorite spot up north near Reno at the end of the month. That's when I really get serious about fishin!.

DYLBOSS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finished the bottom today. 1-1/2 gallons (5 coats) of Interlux VC Performance 2 part. This stuff is hard as nails, in fact it says right on the can, "Sand at 15 hours after the final coat or you won't be able to". I had a test piece and hit it with some 80 grit after 3 days and barely scratched it...

SNC00023.jpg

After looking at it for a hour or so after I pulled the tape I decided that a red stripe would look good, so off to West Marine I went. This is how it came out.

SNC00024.jpg

Now here's a mouthfull of rivets.. Note the staineless steel guard, this is where the bow chock hits on the trailer. It came with the keel guard I bought. Which, by the way, did not work out for me. Too many rivets and it looked like crap.

SNC00028.jpg

I finished all I could do on the boat for the day so I cleaned up the rust on the trailer, spot primed it and rattle canned it with some rustoleum. I came out nice. I'll put the bunks back on tomorrow with all new hardware.

SNC00030.jpg

Here's a shot of how the bow rider area came out with the new apholstery. I changed the width from 4" to 7" so when the pads are in, it's like one continous seat. The pads are being made, I'll show them later.

That's the marine vinyl on the cap. Looks almost like carpet.

SNC00017.jpg

Next week the trailer will go back under her and then the engine will go on. It'll be the Mariner since all the controls are already in and the Yami uses electronic controls vs. cable. I want to go fishing and the fastest way to get there now is with the Mariner.

Sorry to bring up an old post like this, but I'm just about to put on this VC Performance Epoxy myself, and was wondering what the need is to sand it? I'm just finishing up the 2000E on my hull and will be rough sanding this prior to the VC, but I guess I don't understand why I would need to sand the VC after the final coat. Doesn't it go on smooth anyway, unlike the orange peel effect that the 2000E leaves behind?

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Nope, it goes on really thin. Spray it if you can. I rolled mine on and after a year it's still in perfect shape. I sanded and sanded and sanded and sanded to get it smooth. Lot's of extra work.

DYLBOSS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nope, it goes on really thin. Spray it if you can. I rolled mine on and after a year it's still in perfect shape. I sanded and sanded and sanded and sanded to get it smooth. Lot's of extra work.

Would the roll and tip method work over just rolling with this product? Sanding again sounds like a daunting task. Just wondering if that would help to bypass the sanding.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Would the roll and tip method work over just rolling with this product? Sanding again sounds like a daunting task. Just wondering if that would help to bypass the sanding.

I found that roll and tip didn't work for the first four coats. The stuff is just to opaque and thin. On the 5th coat I probably could have but I would have needed to sand the 4th coat first and to tell you the truth I just wasn't up to all that sanding at that point. After the 5th coat I did sand and then buff it out but it was a lot of work. Interlux does recommend spraying it and if I had it to do again I would.

dogyerf21

Recruit

boat is gorgeous! Just wondering where you got your dash/gauge consoles? they look like the vacuum molded kits from Gekko. I cant find any other options that look similar.