1988 Rogue 2420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
since I could not do anything with the drive yet. i took a piece of scrap aluminum plate and some hardware and mounted a spare fiberglass IP-6X electrical enclosure to the tongue of the trailer. perfect size to keep a spare hub, bearing cover, grease gun, and some line. now, will never need the spare hub.

no pics as I was too busy trying to get done before family showed up for a cook-out.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Earlier this week, visited my old company to pick up some lasered parts (they also do contract manufacturing). took a picture of the gangway car that I designed for Viking River Cruises new boats being built by LA Ship

the whole gangway is 35,000#. it reached out of each side of the vessel 45 feet. there is two 10hp hydraulic pumps on-board for redundancy. only the 480 3-phase and a few data lines run in the e-chain

Glad i could be part of the project.
0218221047_resized.jpg

Spent most of yesterday modifying a pair of Harbor Freight receiver tubes and truck bed extenders to work with pulling the RV travel trailer and hauling the canoe...
0227221856_resized.jpg

OK, so the iBoats order went Phlbbtttttt...... reach out to @colonel_sanders for relaying feedback.

ordered the shims and gaskets from Fleabay. they arrived in 3 days

digging into the universal o-ring kits

since there were a few spots of corrosion, hit those with a wire wheel and then the DA, and proceeded to prime.
0227221854_resized.jpg

had a bonfire last night just because.....

this morning, fatboy (AKA Harley) was a bit tired

0225221935_resized.jpg

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Finally got around to painting the drive. The admiral put the boat on her honey-do list as she wants to go boating

0424221400-1.jpg0424221401-1.jpg0424221401a-1.jpg

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Backup drive is now taken apart, flushed, the lower sanded down and primed.

The lower will be going back together this week, and if lucky, will get the upper on and that drive painted

Scott Danforth

Staff member
last few weeks have been non-boat weeks. The admirals aunt was not doing very good, and last weekend her cousin was here. after half a day, the decision was made to move Aunt Kay in with Brian and we inherited a cat

this weekend, my Aunt up in Ocala went into hospice and pasted away

So to keep my sanity, focused on the boat.

the mooring cover had 6 months of wasp poop on it. so dish detergent and a scrub brush

0515221210_resized.jpg

0515221209_resized.jpg

Tomorrow take it into work to get some of the seams reinforced

then I turned my attention on the trim/tilt cylinders. When I rebuilt them last year, turns out I sheared the piston seals during installation.

these are after market seals and I should have made a compressor for them.

0515221701_resized.jpg

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Primary drive is fully sealed / pressure tested and vac tested.

0521221259_resized.jpg

secondary drive had a tweeked shaft, so went to a bud's shop to use his press. shaft was .025 out when I started, .003 out when I was done

0521221013_resized.jpg

backup drive lower is together and ready for paint...

0521221851_resized.jpg

The upper.... that is another issue. Here is the shaft from the grenaded trans. this is what happens when a gear tooth tries to stop a 5.7 liter V8 at 3500 RPM.

0521221851d_resized.jpg

So I thought, just pull the new upper gear box apart as it has a 10 spline yoke, press out the yoke and swap yokes.

the new to me gear box said..... no...not coming apart

the bolts are rusted in place, lots of muck. guessing the boat was sunk that it came out of.

0521221851b_resized.jpg
0521221851c_resized.jpg

the upper is also an early VP trans (1983) vs the two later (1987/1988) trans I have. looking at a few on CL. one is in LA. May have to see if there is an iboater in LA that can package and ship.

Tomorrow, hang the primary drive and try to get the spare drive trans apart...

Scott Danforth

Staff member
so, other than a flat tire on the ride home from the ramp. todays outing was uneventful.

carb is still running a tad rich. going to back off the jets by 2

Scott Danforth

Staff member
still need to back off on the jets. however put 6 hours on the boat today with friends.... the boat traffic was nuts....

Jeff and Sheryl are waiting for a prop to come back from Admiral prop. next week, we take out their 48' cruisers.

alldodge

Staff member
Being retired we don't go out on holiday weekends. Do go to see my 1st Great Grand Girls BD party. All good there, and there will be a 2nd GGG come October, even better 😀

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Need to post updates more often..... LOL

spent the weekend working on adding a 3-bank charger....... and a 15 amp inlet socket..... which in turn required making a breaker box for the 120 VAC circuits.

scrambling to finish the interior. made patterns of some of the original rotting wood panels. will cut out of 1/2" Starboard or 3/4" PVC. (actually, will have the CNC house that supplies work cut them out)

spare drive is almost ready for paint. Shout out to a few fellow iboaters that helped with tools and visually inspecting some parts.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Well, the graphic we found that was the basis of the paint scheme on the salt shaker is apparently a 2013 Formula Fastech 292

https://images.craigslist.org/00101_3wsbGjEcthCz_0CI0kN_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00V0V_h0JzAGQs0opz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

https://forums.iboats.com/media/profile-pic-jpg.79508/full

Status
Not open for further replies.